Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Do you think fish have emotions?
Yes. 14 63.64%
No. 4 18.18%
I'm not sure. 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #21 
Bombalurina

Not to mention, those Thai pools are really warm all year round. Heating under a gallon can be so risky.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #22 
fishman12

You just don't heat it then......
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Bettas live better in warm water though... Any unheated tank I have, is in my room (which btw, is the warmest room, and is toooo warm ) because upstairs the temperature in my cycling tank is 72 without a heater.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #24 
ManInBlack2010

i want to know how this guy has any buisness with the kind of attitude he has. i would never buy anything from someone that treated people like that. looking at that betta page i feel like i'm looking at pictures of a puppy mill, which is baisically what it is if you really think about it

just got done reading through his article on AFDs, he calls them 'stupid' and 'unintelligent' several times. it's baisically a rant on how you have to baby proof everything in your tank 'cause these are the dumbest creatures on God's green earth... i mean, sure, ADFs are hard to keep, i've tried twice and after both of mine not lasting very long i gave up, but they were adorable and quirky when i had them and were definately not 'dumb' grrrr
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

The only "dumb" creatures are the ones to snub other creatures because they are "not as intellegent" lol. I don't see my fish as stupid. Nor ADFs. And especially not goldies. Intelligence to him must be "human", except he doesn't humanize fish... Which then he contradicts himself Intelligence isn't based by math skill. It's based off of instinct.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #26 
Marvel170

*rage mode activated*WHO THE **** DOES HE THINK HE IS???!!!!I CAN'T stand people like that. I agree with all the people that say they won't give him business. He is just so rude to the people that are actually talking COMMON SENSE. I mean really..
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

common sense IS NOT SO COMMON D: it's....it's....

rare sense. (doesn't have the same ring. meh.)
Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #28 
Backlash

Hi everyone,

I know I am only new here, but I feel the need to comment..

Personally, I dont believe that Betta's should be kept in tiny cups or bowls, but also acknowledge that they dont need a 400+ litre aquarium all to themselves to be happy either..

What I am finding a little disturbing is how many of the members here are condemning this person for having an opinion, be it right or wrong.. You say that he (assuming that it is a HE) is ignorant and arrogant in his replies to people telling him he is doing the wrong thing, how else would you expect him to be..?? After all, he is the one that has bothered to take the time out of his life to write and develop a website to try and help people care for fish, and all he gets in return is people telling him that he has done the wrong thing...

If you dont like what he has written, then maybe you should go out and develop a website of your own, express your opinions on how YOU feel that you should keep Betta's.. Then when people start sending you messages disagreeing with you and your ideas, then hopefully you can be more polite in your replies..

Goodluck
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #29 
Sena Hansler

The thing is...he's gone against the general fish keeping ideologies. I know people here who have bettas in 1 gallons, and none of us condemn them because we know they care for the fish. But, having fish in small cups as a forever home? That's drawing the line. I understand your point, as I've been bashed a lot because of what I think, but the thing is he isn't really helping, if he isn't open to opinions.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #30 
ShyDog

Honestly if you take a look around the site, we tend to be really helpful, and friendly. (and what is this if not a website pooling the knowledge of a bunch of experienced fish keepers?)
also, I don't think you'll find anyone on here that believes that a betta should be kept in a 400 liter tank. :) and either a 1-2 gallon with a heater seems to be the minimum.

We're angry at him, (and it is a him) because of his practices, and if you scroll down to his comments sections, they are often rude in reply and self-satisfying rather than open to the idea that he might be wrong, or that there is something else out there for him to learn.

In the mean time, since you are new, and your first post was "condemning" us to being ignorant, and angry. Please take a look around this site you will find many varied opinions and a wealth of knowledge about the subject of fish keeping in a safe happy enviornment.
ShyDog is offline   Reply With Quote