Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #11 
bastage

While a cute ideal, mechanically I wouldn't do it. You loose alot of the benefits of a typical divided tank & then you loose some of having separate tanks as well. Simply put a divider should allow water to flow freely or should not allow any water to pass through at all. This is just going to restrict the water flow negating the stability advantages of a divided tank. Also would require separate filtration & depending on the size tank different heat as well. But because it is not completely water tight then it will not stop disease or other issues from traveling across the tank.

Also as was pointed out above. There is no real problem letting them see each other. I have 6 males that were at one time or another able to see there neighbor & they all flare on occasion for a few minutes, but then stop. I have not had any of them that just flared non stop.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #12 
BettaMommy531rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastage View Post
While a cute ideal, mechanically I wouldn't do it. You loose alot of the benefits of a typical divided tank & then you loose some of having separate tanks as well. Simply put a divider should allow water to flow freely or should not allow any water to pass through at all. This is just going to restrict the water flow negating the stability advantages of a divided tank. Also would require separate filtration & depending on the size tank different heat as well. But because it is not completely water tight then it will not stop disease or other issues from traveling across the tank.

Also as was pointed out above. There is no real problem letting them see each other. I have 6 males that were at one time or another able to see there neighbor & they all flare on occasion for a few minutes, but then stop. I have not had any of them that just flared non stop.
I guess you're right, but I have the ability to do it, so I really want to try it out. I would monitor the temp. on each side before I put them in to make sure. I'm not trying to prevent disease because the person I plan to order from has quality healthy fish. Also I am planning to put the fish in 1.5 gallon tanks before I put them in the big tank, just to be safe, also so that I can make sure the tank is doing fine. You don't have to try it, but I really would like to see. As long as people can make it happen I don't see what the issue is. But I see your point of view as well, and I guess it just depends on the fish as well as the person. :)
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote