Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #11 
Enkil

Indeed it is. He seems to enjoy it. I've noticed that he does that several times a day now. He does get rather upset if his food gets caught in it though since it causes the food to move in a small, rapid circle. I'd get upset too.

Right now he's using the hairgrass decoration to prop himself against the side of the tank for a rest. He had been swimming against the filter and then having an argument with his reflection. He's probably resting up for feeding time.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #12 
Sakura8

He sounds like an absolute character! A very active, funny little fellow who deserves a good rest after a full day. :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #13 
Enkil

Well, I have tried crushing his pellets to no avail. He still refuses them. Picky little thing. He gobbled up the blood worms. I couldn't stand the thought of not feeding him since he's still a bit thin. He seems quite happy after his meal tonight.

Also notice that he attempted to create a bubble nest last night. The filter wouldn't allow it though. Poor guy. Right now he's resting between his plant and the side of his tank. Nice full tummy so now he's resting.
He had to hunt his food tonight. Filter caught one of his blood worms before he did so he had to chase it down.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #14 
Sakura8

I can picture him chasing it in the current. Hmm. Do you feel squeamish about feeding frozen bloodworms? One cube can be thawed and kept in the fridge for a few days and fed using tweezers. Frozen bloodworms would be better for him in the long run than freeze-dried. I'd also suggest maybe looking for one of the other pellet brands. Maybe he'll decide to like one of those.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #15 
Enkil

I was thinking about trying another brand with smaller pellets to see if the size and/or taste is the issue. I really don't want him to loose the weight I've been putting on him,

If I didn't live with guys who don't look well at what they grab from the fridge/freezer... XD
I've started playing little games with him with his blood worms to give him a little entertainment. It seems to get him a little more excited about eating and keeps him from getting bored with his food. Also seemed to help him relax. He was a little stressed yesterday it seemed. I think the filter ruining his attempt at a bubble nest upset him.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Yeah, that could come as a shock to the guys. o.O Maybe the smaller pellets would help. I'm glad he's relaxing more. It's a great idea to play with him and exercise him like you are. :)

A few of my boys always wait until the night before a water change to make their bubblenests. Sily boys.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #17 
Enkil

Right now I'm just trying to do everything I can to get him into really good health. As I've said, he was thin when we bought him and had a lot of dorsal missing. The dorsal is growing back but will take more time because of how much was missing. He's put a little weight on, but he still needs more TLC.

Going to be talking to the boyfriend about getting another tank or two so we can get at least 1 more betta (hoping to talk him into more than that). Might end up switching up Hannibal's home and giving him a bigger one. That way a filter wont muck his nesting. XD
Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #18 
Sakura8

You're doing a really great job with him, Enkil. He's a lucky boy and I hope you can get a few more too. There are a lot of bettas out there who need good owners like you.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #19 
Enkil

I'm hoping I can talk him into these 2 that Chard has that I've fallen in love with. XD I'm sure it'll be easy and he wont have a problem with it, but better to make decisions together.

Not sure what is up with Hannibal today. He's been hiding more than usual (mainly under his heater). He's still being lively and active though. Not used to him hiding/resting as much as he is though. I'll keep checking on him today to make sure nothing is going wrong. If something is, I'll have my boyfriend pick up whatever he needs on his way home.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #20 
Sakura8

Chard has gorgeous bettas. :) I hope Hannibal is just resting. Keep us posted.