Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #11 
Sakura8

Aagh, didn't even see the part about the cories. Thank you for noticing that, Hedgehog. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #12 
Ucantimagine

Thanks for the tips. She's much more active now so it's hard to get a clear shot but I took this one yesterday and she hid her face lol. She looks a little better today than she did yesterday. I got the combo meds because she took sick in the evening and I wasn't sure if she would make it through the night so I picked up what wallyworld had and then did some reading when I got back home. On top of that, we got 6" of snow that night so I knew I wasn't going anywhere in the morning. I've since changed out most of the water. There's probably 1/5 a dose left in the water. I also use a half-dose of aq salt dripped in over an hour or so. None of them are showing any signs of stress. I've kept fish for many years, I just have not had to use much medication.
Ucantimagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

Yeah it's -26 celsius here. -32 with wind chill and me being persistant and hoping to catch the store owner being there so I could talk to him ( he wasn't there) I still went outside x.x hehe she is camera shy
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #14 
Ucantimagine

lol Sena. My bf called me when I was driving to the store and said, "It's 9 degrees...you must really love that fish." lol
Old 01-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

hahaha I know right?!!! I walked there, and put my new boy under my weater under the sweater under my jacket and walked home looking like a darn pregnant woman
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #16 
Sakura8

I'm really glad she's feeling much better. :) Stay warm!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #17 
Ucantimagine

Thanks, I'm glad too. Especially since my little pink one jumped out the tank and died on the floor. :(((((( I have a hood but the light doesn't fit properly so I take it off to put the light on and she must have jumped during the transition or squeezed through the gap between the light and the tank. It's a bow so it doesn't completely cover the front. Jewel still isn't ready for her closeup apparently, but the other 2 were willing lol. This is Ginger and Goldie.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #18 
Sakura8

They're both beautiful and it looks like you have lots of nice plants in there for them to hide in. :)
Old 01-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

such pretty girls :o
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #20 
Ucantimagine

Jewel is looking much better. Now I have the little red one in quarantine because I don't know if that grey patch on her belly is just her normal coloration or if she's coming down with something too. I will never order fish through the mail again. uggggg I'm convinced all these problems are due to the water getting too cold and the ammonia being .50 when they arrived. I've never had fish this sickly before. No water quality issues in the tank and no sick fish prior to this. My cories are doing great, thanks goodness. I love those lil buggers.