Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Red one in the post before? If so, I do notice the grey and have never seen it being "normal" on any fish, unless they have something else going on ><

And my goodness! pretty fish...even if from mail That's why if I ever shipped bettas, it'd be during only certain times AND express, and only in Canada.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #22 
Ucantimagine

Thanks Sena,
Yes, the red one. I don't think it's normal either so I started her on a half-dose of what I treated Jewel with and a half-dose of salt. That seems to have worked well. Right now she's eating so hopefully it won't get too bad.
Ucantimagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Well that's good! And good luck. It looks to either be fungal - to me anyways. Poor thing. I know I'm battling with Sarah and Suzi because of how much damage fin rot caused. ><
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #24 
Ucantimagine

Yes I think it's fungus since Jewel responded so well to the fungus treatment I gave her.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

That's good :) poor thing!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #26 
Ucantimagine

Both girls are doing great but the little red one died. :( Along with the one who jumped out the tank...50% survival is not good. I'm afraid Goldie and Jewel are going to eat themselves to death! lol

Old 01-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

lol don't overfeed them :3 trust me my girls eat less than my males for a reason
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #28 
Ucantimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
lol don't overfeed them :3 trust me my girls eat less than my males for a reason
They definitely eat more than they need to, but I gotta make sure the cories get some. I try to distract them with floating flakes while the cories get some bloodworms or crushed shrimp pellet, but it doesn't last long. I've tried feeding the cories at night since they are active after the girls settle down, but nope, they smell the food cookin. lol I take my apple snail out and feed him in a container to make sure he gets enough. They really are the greediest fish I've ever had!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

Yes, yes they are have you tried sinking pellets, opoosite of where you feed the girls? Or an algae or something wafer?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #30 
Ucantimagine

Yes, the shrimp pellets sink, but I dont like dropping them in whole because they swell up to be A LOT of food and by the time they're soft enough to eat, the Bettas are all over em. lol I crush them up, hydrate them with tank water then drop them in. They do still sink and with all the little bits the Bettas can't get em all. They have both actually swallowed large chunks of shrimp pellet before I started crushing them very small. I couldn't believe my eyes. And the cories rush to eat so much they have bloodworms coming out their gills sometimes. lmbo Freaked me out the first time I saw it. And then the Goldie and Jewel come and steal the worms from their gills!!! At least there's no nipping or fighting. I'll try feeding the cories behind the driftwood and see if that helps.