Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #21 
yayagirl1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
nice. I got a good look at the Evolve 2 while at Petsmart today. My only real complaint is that they should have made the filter more like the Spec. Their filter takes up the whole back of the tank but when you really look at it it's just a little disposible filter pad. The Spec has a huge sponge that takes up more than half of the back section.
Oh well, I'm sure things can be modded. lol
What aquarium kit isn't in need of a little modification? lol. So my brother decided to only use the 2 gallon for one of his bettas and is considering on using the 4 as a soft coral reef tank. I'd be a little concerned about the light but he worked as the aquatics manager in one of the LPS for 5 years. He knows his stuff. LOL

I seriously can't decide between all the tanks I mentioned in your post. If I knew I could get a top fitted for the finnex 4 gallon....I think I'd invest the money. hmmm....and the internal debate in my head continues. lol
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #22 
Dragonii

I think they do make a top for the Finnex, I know they at least make holders for a top. I used them on my home made cube.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #23 
Tappy4me

I think I might switch out the filter material on this tank with some sponges, but I have to get the pump going first. xD
Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #24 
Dragonii

Ok, I don't see any actual lids, but this is what I did.
I bought these lid holders...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rim-Lid-Brac...item2c5bc14a19
and then I just cut a peice of glass for a lid.

Worked just fine

Last edited by Dragonii; 01-22-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #25 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappy4me View Post
I think I might switch out the filter material on this tank with some sponges, but I have to get the pump going first. xD

Which tank? What filter? With so many post and so much info I am getting all mixed up. lol
Old 01-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #26 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Which tank? What filter? With so many post and so much info I am getting all mixed up. lol
The new one, that you're sending me that clamp for haha. xD The Aqueon Evolve 2
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #27 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappy4me View Post
The new one, that you're sending me that clamp for haha. xD The Aqueon Evolve 2
Oh yeah. lol

I'd have to do some research on it but I'm sure I could figure out a good mod for it. I live for that kind of stuff.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #28 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Oh yeah. lol

I'd have to do some research on it but I'm sure I could figure out a good mod for it. I live for that kind of stuff.
I'd appreciate it lol. So would Tango!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #29 
Dragonii

I looked at some pics online. It looks like the filter side has a fake bottom in it. Like it doesn't go down as far as the pump side. What is under that? How does the water get from the filter side to the pump side?
Old 01-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #30 
Tappy4me

Quote:
I looked at some pics online. It looks like the filter side has a fake bottom in it. Like it doesn't go down as far as the pump side. What is under that? How does the water get from the filter side to the pump side?

Here's some pics. Yea, it looks like the filter side is just a box glued into the back. There's a slit in the back corner of it for water to fall down to the pump. Looks like it pulls from the slits and the hole at the front of the tank, then spills over to the side with the pump to be sent back into the tank.