Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #11 
bettaluvr

Some more pics of his current tank after a 50% water change. I think I'm going to get him a different tank, I'm thinking about the eclipse corner 5, he doesn't stop flaring anytime I turn the light on in this one.
Attached Images

bettaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #12 
Bambi

Peas are OK for constipation but since they can't be digested they shouldn't be fed to often. Unless you betta needs it/nothing els is helping treat it much like medication and save it for when you have to use it.

Also, you boy is gorgeous. I almost bought a tank like that(it was a 5gallon I think?) It looksnice.

Umm...a note though.
That bamboo isn't fully aquatic. The top(with the wax cap) and the leaves should be above water level.
I have 2 of my longer bamboo shoots in a couple of my tanks and the fish like to inspect it/hide behind it. I know places like petsmart sell them in those tanks,but as we should know by now they really don't know much.

EDIT to add : I think the reflection is cause by the inside of the tank being brighter then the outside. This won't change with a new tank. Either don't use the light in the hood or get a brighter light in your room?

Last edited by Bambi; 01-20-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #13 
4alwaysAbettaluver

What was wrong with him the first time you bought him?
4alwaysAbettaluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #14 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Peas are OK for constipation but since they can't be digested they shouldn't be fed to often. Unless you betta needs it/nothing els is helping treat it much like medication and save it for when you have to use it.

Also, you boy is gorgeous. I almost bought a tank like that(it was a 5gallon I think?) It looksnice.

Umm...a note though.
That bamboo isn't fully aquatic. The top(with the wax cap) and the leaves should be above water level.
I have 2 of my longer bamboo shoots in a couple of my tanks and the fish like to inspect it/hide behind it. I know places like petsmart sell them in those tanks,but as we should know by now they really don't know much.

EDIT to add : I think the reflection is cause by the inside of the tank being brighter then the outside. This won't change with a new tank. Either don't use the light in the hood or get a brighter light in your room?
I only gave him a pea when I didn't know what was wrong with him and he looked bloated which was just from feeding. I didn't know that about the bamboo plant, I think I'll return it if/when I bring the tank back. I called Aqueon about the reflection problem, they told me to "buy" a fluorescent bulb, which is about $12 well I bought there product and don't feel I should buy any extras to make it work right..the 5 gallon eclipse tank already has a fluorescent light, is twice the size, has a hidden filter with supposed less current and is only $15 over the one I have now.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #15 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4alwaysAbettaluver View Post
What was wrong with him the first time you bought him?
Low ph(6.2) from using half filtered water made him very lethargic and gasping for air. He looked like he was really going to die one night so I placed him in his cup he came in floating in the tank to give him some help for air, when I woke up he looked much better even though it was the same water in the cup. I put him back in his tank and he was back to staying on the bottom and gasping for air. When I brought him back they put him in water out of another fish tank. Since I have him back he's been in nothing but aged, warmed and conditioned tap water and he swims(and flares) all over his tank and hangs out and sleeps in his Betta log.
So my guess is the low ph made him so lethargic he struggled to come up for air which made him constantly gasp.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #16 
blueridge

Very gorgeous boy! and I have two tanks just like that!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #17 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
Very gorgeous boy! and I have two tanks just like that!
Do you having a reflection problem with the light on?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #18 
bettaluvr

New home for Romeo...an Eclipse 3. Fluorescent lighting really cut down on reflection. I'll be posting a review thread of both tanks.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #19 
Isadorabelle

Gosh, he's beautiful!!
Isadorabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #20 
Myrtaceae

He's gorgeous :D So red!

I used the filter baffle as described in the sticky-- the water bottle method. My Vimes *hates* his filter, but does okay as long as it's thoroughly baffled.

I use foam from the craft store for my background (to cut down on reflection). A large piece is .79c. I love it, because the foam doesn't warm if I spill during water changes. He has a red background and my sorority has a purple background.

Best of luck!
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote