Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #1 
MandiceP

Glaedr has settled in!

As some of you have seen, my new Dragon Plakat male, Glaedr, came home friday. I was worried about him as he wasn't acting quite right for a day or so but tonight... when I came home from work, this is what greeted me!

"Who's there?"

"Oh it's mom!"

"Look how happy and pretty I am!"

LOL! I like jumped up and down for joy to see him, A) looking so much better and happy and B) FLARING! for the first time this fish flared for a few minutes straight both at the cat and then the camera! He makes the silliest little flaring face I've ever seen! <3 I love my boy! So happy! I think I found a female for him on Aquabid... so I e-mailed Linda the transhipper to see what the rates would be to mail a couple females to me... so keep an eye out for show off threads cause that might happen soonish!!!

Thanks for looking!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

Those are great pictures... and he's gorgeous!
Congrats :D
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #3 
a123andpoof

He is so pretty!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #4 
ManInBlack2010

my goodness he's gorgeous!!! i like the first picture, he's like "rawr, beware!" and i LOVE the name!! im rereading that series before i start inheritence, i'm on brisingr right now :)

and you better keep that fish under lock 'cause i might just find your house and steal him, lol
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #5 
MandiceP

Vilmarisv and a123andpoof - thank you! I was instantly in love with this guy when he was brought to my store by my boss from our vendor (mom and pop lps) and I had him on "hold" for a week while I set up my ten gallon with dividers so I could get a couple more fish! :D

Man in Black - we'll have to chat! I'm only about half way through Brisingr myself actually... a little ashamed because I've been a huge fan since Eragon came out, but I just fell way behind and never finished Brisingr after it was released. So I just bought Inheritance a few weeks ago and I've picked up Brisingr again so once we both finish we should compare notes :P And good luck stealing him cause he and my CT (Shruikan, lol) in my avatar are guarded by four attack cats! LOL
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #6 
blueridge

He is soo gorgeous! And the whole Inheritance thing makes me wish I had a decent enough pic to post of Eragon XD
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #7 
MandiceP

Ah you have a HMPK named Eragon!! I like you XD welcome to the Inheritance appreciating betta naming club! LOL I used to have rats named Oromis Brom and Murtagh! LMAO The next male betta I get I kinda want to name for Murtagh's horse, Tornac I believe? It's been a long while since I've read the first two books! LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #8 
ManInBlack2010

i think it is tornac, and your inspiring me, i think i want my next betta to have a name from Eragon, lol
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #9 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
Ah you have a HMPK named Eragon!! I like you XD welcome to the Inheritance appreciating betta naming club! LOL I used to have rats named Oromis Brom and Murtagh! LMAO The next male betta I get I kinda want to name for Murtagh's horse, Tornac I believe? It's been a long while since I've read the first two books! LOL
Yeah I wish I had pics of him too, but I don't have access to a camera right now and I know he wouldn't sit still long enough. He has blue dragon scaling with red fins and black tips. I think it is Tornac too...and I love those names for your rats!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #10 
MandiceP

Ok, something we will all come to learn about me is I'm one of those "OH MY GOSH WHAT'S WRONG NOW" kinda pet "moms" who is like totally paranoid and always second guessing.... Anywho, my point:

Do you guys agree that Glaedr is a male? LOL I know males can display ovipositors as well as females (which he does) and I know not all males flare all the time, which he really doesn't.... but like I can't stop this hounding thought that he is really a female! LMAO So like from that flare picture can you tell if his gill flaps are male and not female? I've never seen a female flare to know what theirs look like, but I was watching my CT Shruikan flare last night and couldn't help but think that he looks a lot more manly and regal and his gill flaps are like twice the size of Glaedr's. Granted I do believe Shruikan to be at least a few months older, but still.... Someone reassure me that I'm not going insane? Or confirm my crazy belief that I have a girl? LOL