Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #11 
blueridge

Haha I totally understand I do the same thing! I thought my purple halfmoon plakat was a female too until I saw him finally build a bubble nest and his "eggspot" go away. Glaedr is definitely a male! You don't have to worry about that.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #12 
MandiceP

sweet. I thought so! He has the grumpier looking face too... he's just more of a sweet sensitive soul I think than Shruikan! LOL I have yet to see him make a bubble nest but he isn't scheduled for a water change until tonight so we'll see if that triggers it. I'm also going to be getting some IAL from a coworker so maybe that'll help him settle and start acting more manly! LOL I was just worried because I found a female on AB from Chard that I'd really like to breed with Glaedr but I didn't want to end up trying to breed two girls, lol! I'm sure I'd figure that out eventually tho :P
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #13 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
sweet. I thought so! He has the grumpier looking face too... he's just more of a sweet sensitive soul I think than Shruikan! LOL I have yet to see him make a bubble nest but he isn't scheduled for a water change until tonight so we'll see if that triggers it. I'm also going to be getting some IAL from a coworker so maybe that'll help him settle and start acting more manly! LOL I was just worried because I found a female on AB from Chard that I'd really like to breed with Glaedr but I didn't want to end up trying to breed two girls, lol! I'm sure I'd figure that out eventually tho :P
He looks so innocent with that grumpy face of his! Do you have any pics of this female? I would love to see her and if you do breed I would love to have a baby especially they come out plakats!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #14 
MandiceP

I'll pm it to you, I haven't purchased her yet and I don't want anyone to scoop her out from under me... LOL
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #15 
blueridge

Haha totally understand!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 
BettaMommy531rip

I'm jealous! I luv plakats, but my petstore doesn't have any. :( So I'm saving up to get a few nice new plakats. I reallllllllllllllllly want a salamander plakat, boy or girl, so check out my "Wanted: Salamander Plakat in the USA" thread in the classifieds.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90776
Glaedr is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #17 
MandiceP

blueridge, sent you the link, protect it for me ok? LOL

BettaMommy, I saw your thread. I wish I had one in my store that I could ship to you. I'll keep my eye out!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #18 
BettaMommy531rip

Quote:
blueridge, sent you the link, protect it for me ok? LOL

BettaMommy, I saw your thread. I wish I had one in my store that I could ship to you. I'll keep my eye out!
Alright that's great! Are you in the USA? Thanks!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #19 
MandiceP

Yes I live just south of Boston, Massachusetts. We have several LFS around and they all have nice stuff! I'll be periodically checking them for Bettas.... went to a local petco today out of curiosity... gonna go start a thread for what I found and bought, wait til you see xD

you're looking for one like the guy in your avatar there right?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #20 
BettaMommy531rip

Quote:
Yes I live just south of Boston, Massachusetts. We have several LFS around and they all have nice stuff! I'll be periodically checking them for Bettas.... went to a local petco today out of curiosity... gonna go start a thread for what I found and bought, wait til you see xD

you're looking for one like the guy in your avatar there right?
Yep, thank you sooooo much! Do you mind keeping your eyes peeled for a opague whitish colored PK betta as well? Sort of like Glaedr but lighter, more um... white. How much money are PKs at your store anyway? If you find the ones I'm looking for just send pics. I can pay for the betta+tax+shipping. Tell me what the price is, and we can work everything else out through PM. Just contact me if you find the guys I'm looking for. Thanks. :) By the way Glaedr is gorgeous as always!

Last edited by BettaMommy531rip; 01-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.