Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #11 
blueridge
Member
 
blueridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Laurinburg, North Carolina
Haha I totally understand I do the same thing! I thought my purple halfmoon plakat was a female too until I saw him finally build a bubble nest and his "eggspot" go away. Glaedr is definitely a male! You don't have to worry about that.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #12 
MandiceP
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
sweet. I thought so! He has the grumpier looking face too... he's just more of a sweet sensitive soul I think than Shruikan! LOL I have yet to see him make a bubble nest but he isn't scheduled for a water change until tonight so we'll see if that triggers it. I'm also going to be getting some IAL from a coworker so maybe that'll help him settle and start acting more manly! LOL I was just worried because I found a female on AB from Chard that I'd really like to breed with Glaedr but I didn't want to end up trying to breed two girls, lol! I'm sure I'd figure that out eventually tho :P
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #13 
blueridge
Member
 
blueridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Laurinburg, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
sweet. I thought so! He has the grumpier looking face too... he's just more of a sweet sensitive soul I think than Shruikan! LOL I have yet to see him make a bubble nest but he isn't scheduled for a water change until tonight so we'll see if that triggers it. I'm also going to be getting some IAL from a coworker so maybe that'll help him settle and start acting more manly! LOL I was just worried because I found a female on AB from Chard that I'd really like to breed with Glaedr but I didn't want to end up trying to breed two girls, lol! I'm sure I'd figure that out eventually tho :P
He looks so innocent with that grumpy face of his! Do you have any pics of this female? I would love to see her and if you do breed I would love to have a baby especially they come out plakats!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #14 
MandiceP
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
I'll pm it to you, I haven't purchased her yet and I don't want anyone to scoop her out from under me... LOL
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #15 
blueridge
Member
 
blueridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Laurinburg, North Carolina
Haha totally understand!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 
BettaMommy531rip
Member
 
BettaMommy531rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
I'm jealous! I luv plakats, but my petstore doesn't have any. :( So I'm saving up to get a few nice new plakats. I reallllllllllllllllly want a salamander plakat, boy or girl, so check out my "Wanted: Salamander Plakat in the USA" thread in the classifieds.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90776
Glaedr is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #17 
MandiceP
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
blueridge, sent you the link, protect it for me ok? LOL

BettaMommy, I saw your thread. I wish I had one in my store that I could ship to you. I'll keep my eye out!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #18 
BettaMommy531rip
Member
 
BettaMommy531rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
blueridge, sent you the link, protect it for me ok? LOL

BettaMommy, I saw your thread. I wish I had one in my store that I could ship to you. I'll keep my eye out!
Alright that's great! Are you in the USA? Thanks!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #19 
MandiceP
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
Yes I live just south of Boston, Massachusetts. We have several LFS around and they all have nice stuff! I'll be periodically checking them for Bettas.... went to a local petco today out of curiosity... gonna go start a thread for what I found and bought, wait til you see xD

you're looking for one like the guy in your avatar there right?
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #20 
BettaMommy531rip
Member
 
BettaMommy531rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
Yes I live just south of Boston, Massachusetts. We have several LFS around and they all have nice stuff! I'll be periodically checking them for Bettas.... went to a local petco today out of curiosity... gonna go start a thread for what I found and bought, wait til you see xD

you're looking for one like the guy in your avatar there right?
Yep, thank you sooooo much! Do you mind keeping your eyes peeled for a opague whitish colored PK betta as well? Sort of like Glaedr but lighter, more um... white. How much money are PKs at your store anyway? If you find the ones I'm looking for just send pics. I can pay for the betta+tax+shipping. Tell me what the price is, and we can work everything else out through PM. Just contact me if you find the guys I'm looking for. Thanks. :) By the way Glaedr is gorgeous as always!

Last edited by BettaMommy531rip; 01-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Better pics now that the new boys are settled (: mookeeful Betta Pictures 5 08-01-2011 10:02 PM
Chester and Sam all settled in! LOTS OF PICTS! tokala Betta Pictures 5 04-21-2011 08:51 AM
New Pic of Ōji now he's settled plus the beginnings of his first ever bubble nest. phoenix91 Betta Pictures 1 03-27-2011 03:41 PM
Baby Face, all settled in kuklachica Betta Pictures 13 05-24-2010 10:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.