Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #11 
GreenTea

Thanks guys. I just bought this marble girl. I think she is perfect for him! I will also be getting #4 previously posted. Might have to start a second sorority! They will have to come in the next shipment though, the male seller forgot to add the female -_- yay shipping costs..

GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #12 
hotrod57ts

I like her too
hotrod57ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #13 
BeautifulBetta

Holy crap, I seriously love these sky blue marbles! I need one..haha. GreenTea, I need to live on your side of the border. I'm so close, yet so far :P
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #14 
GreenTea

Well maybe in the future we can meet up! Tisia and I did and we get along awesome and do things like combine shipping on fish. Maybe some day we'll have a Canada/PNW meet up. We'd like to make a site for our spawns and fish as well as have some sort of northwest chapter. I love them too. There a white/blue boy to match her, thinking about it...
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #15 
Sprinkles

That marble girl is just gorgeous! As far as the girls on page 1, I was totally eyeing #2 earlier. XD Love her. I wish I had the money to spend on a nice aquabid fish. Female #4 matches your boy beautifully. Her dorsal and tail look a bit wonky though.

You have some seriously pretty fish, Greentea!
Sprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #16 
indjo
TFK Moderator

My favorite is the marble female (last) - she has the best form out of all the females.
Next choice would be female #2 because her caudal has 2 rays and last would be the white female.

You can produce a few clean white dragons from non clean pairs (but unlikely with that male). Getting clean light colored dragon is difficult. Only a few would turn out "clean". You have to inbreed them and later cross to another "clean" color.

Since you mentioned overall quality, your male doesn't look too good (sorry). His dorsal leans backwards and his caudal is sort of tilted upwards (not straight) If you have another, a better balanced male - switch them.

You can try him and hope his genes are recessive towards the female. But if you want to be certain, I'd use a different male.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #17 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Do you know of the history of the fish you are breeding? I have found out that you cant know what you will get unless you know what colors your fish come from. I read a ton about genetics yet non of my spawns had the outcome that I expected. Had I known the fish that went into my fishes bloodlines I would have been able to see the probability for the colors I actually got. I bred two steel fish and got blacks, black marbles, steel and reds multies and reds, red and black butterfly's. I may have gotten like 4 or 5 actual full steel fry. So if you are breeding for color I would be sure that you either breed siblings or be sure they share the same genetic background.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #18 
GreenTea

I'm familiar with the background of the females presented here, not the male though. I'm having a hard time communicating with the breeder.

Indjo I know the males form isn't the best, but I love his coloring. Color-wise, he is my dream betta. That's why I want to choose the best female form wise, hopefully can eradicate this. I wasn't necessarily hoping for clean marbles either, I like them sort of messy looking with lots of colors.

I contacted the AB user profish, and I bought a few of his marbles. Then he offered me a really spectacular male who sold for 100+ a few weeks ago, but the buyer never got in touch with him, so now he is mine! These are the new males I will get in, he's also giving me two more females for free that I can pick from. I'll post the females photos here when I get them so you all can compare and contrast.

This came at a really good time. I lost an entire spawn yesterday and felt hopeless and like throwing in the towel. We agreed upon a more than reasonable price for 6 great marbles and I feel great about things again. Betta people are some awesome people!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #19 
Badjer

That first male... -mops up drool- ANYWAYS! Sorry to hear about your spawn Greentea, but you are not to give up! You hear? You have way too many beautiful fish to do that. I have faith that you're just having a hard time starting off and things will take a turn for the better soon. When you're ready, I can't wait to see more spawn logs from you!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #20 
GreenTea

Badjer you're so cute. You always have something nice to say to me, it always makes me smile. Thanks :3

Tags
females, genetics, hmpks, marbles, pairing