Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #1 
aqua001

Arrow Dividers?!

I am planning on getting a seperated 10 gallon tank for my two betta fish (VT and CT). the thing is, i want a divider that is strong and not see through. does anyone know where i might be able to find them? I allready checked Petsmart and they have a clear one and the ratings are low. also the tank will be top-less. are my bettas going to jump over and fight? they better not LOL.

Last edited by aqua001; 01-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #2 
Badjer

I highly suggest getting some sort of lid unless your water level is way below the top of the tank and divider. Once I was cleaning my divided tank so the lid was off. I ran downstairs to quick answer the phone, came back and one of my boys had jumped over the divider and they were going at it. Everyone was ok fortunately, but they never get left unsupervised unless the lid is on properly. Bettas can and WILL jump!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #3 
thekoimaiden

Tank Dividers @ petfish.net This is a great DIY tank divider tutorial. I have one of these in every single divided betta tank. The boys can barely see each other. And you can also use the leftover mesh to make a jump guard. It's a nice precaution.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #4 
nel3

if you go with the drilled plexiglass, i suggest you get some/borrow vices to hold the plexiglass down for safety reasons. the 2nd tutorial link sounds a bit dangerous as they had no vice grips or clamps even metal vise grips with a strong shim to spread the clamp force evenly would be useful. their hole pattern s hold true, its just how they go about drilling them.

quote from petsmart link:
"i put both hands right next to the hole he was drilling and put almost all my body weight on the plexi so that it didn't crack.
"

Last edited by nel3; 01-16-2012 at 10:12 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #5 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Tank Dividers @ petfish.net This is a great DIY tank divider tutorial. I have one of these in every single divided betta tank. The boys can barely see each other. And you can also use the leftover mesh to make a jump guard. It's a nice precaution.
Oh ya. Forgot to mention that I used the craft canvas dividers, not the plexiglass ones. They're easy, cheap, and work great.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #6 
emeraldsky

I second the mesh dividers, I have them in all my divided tanks and they work great.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote