Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

xDD That works! I had an Admiral. He was truly worthy of his status :p Although I MIGHT change Jekyll's name because he has a grumpy face, but is so mellow, and...he...watches...you.... o.o and isn't scared of a finger in his face (doesn't shy away, but does NOTHING ><) that and he has a pale pink undertone, white wash and copper highlights ;)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #42 
emeraldsky

Jekyll sounds like a creeper :P
Also sounds super pretty!

I named one of my Betta's Sir because of his condescending personality too XD
That and he's HUGE, easily a half inch bigger than my other bettas ^^
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

he's really "slow" aka mellow... it's kind of weird. Usually they pep up... maybe he wasn't actually "depressed" looking in the store - that's his normal face but, no other name comes to mind xD the reason behind Jekyll was because there was another one (with the weird...ugly (sorry).. pale pale brown/beige blotch on his tail o_O) that looked close to him and I was all "HA! Jekyll and Hyde." 'cept I didn't get the other one because I have no room :p
Old 01-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #44 
emeraldsky

the weird one sounded really interesting, im glad i didnt see him

Ugly fish gravitate towards me and my bleeding heart XD
Old 01-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #45 
Sena Hansler

aww Watch he'll still be there in a month, rotting away if so DIBS HIM SO BAD!

I've never actually found a blind betta before though. My friend's wa a fluke chance because he has no discoloration, clouding, nothing. However his eyes don't move, and he reacts to only bright light and heavy shadows. o_O
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #46 
emeraldsky

Send him to meeeeeee
I <3 Ugly fish XD

They usually keep them in the back, most stores wont sell fish that have genetic disorders/illnesses since its a "defective" product. The reason I got Reggie was because I asked if they had any in the back and the fish guy has a crush on me XD
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #47 
Sena Hansler

this store doesn't keep them in the back. they set them on the same shelf beside ad behind each other, usually females in the back because they are so "blah". If the breeder who supplies them knew any better... he would wait for his fish to be older, or colored up. Because Madame... I snatched her up the second I saw her because she was actually COLORED I even asked to make sure she was a female and yup...she was.

However, they do pull a sick fish (SBD is most common), and medicate...then forget they exist a few times I grabbed the sick ones like that and say "I want them half price." The employee even warned "that fish is really sick. He'll probably die. do you REALLY still want him?"
Oh? say that to Shiloh's scarred face you prick >:( lol. He's got two lovely scars across one side of his face, he only half flares, and his fins are finally growing back o.o He's still kickin' =D I'm surprised he still has that eye - the damage JUST missed

and LOL :3 where the heck do you even live?? lol. I always find "ugly" fish. Voldemort was "ugly" then ended up being a cellophone grizzle marble o.o
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #48 
emeraldsky

Our store only keeps ill ones in the back, sick fish dont make people want to buy other fish ^^; They always have pretty ones though the duller ones gets pushed to the back as well, Sir had been there for a couple weeks in the back because he looked like a dull red. He's colored up since then though X)

They never leave the sick ones out for me to grab D:
One of these days Ill find a sick one and nurse it back to health lol. I did get Lumpeh though, even though I didnt realize she was sick. She has a huge cyst on her chin (Hence my oh so clever name) and horrid ammonia burns on her gills. Shes the ugliest little betta too but I love her XD

Im in California, we dont really have as many ugly bettas anymore, guess the pet stores finally caught on that pretty ones sell better ;A;
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #49 
Sena Hansler

Well, if our store pulled every sick betta off the shelf I wouldn't have half of my bettas xDD I know about the ammonia burns... Sarah and Suzi have it severe! samew with rot o.o lol. Yeah, I thought pretty ones sold fast - I didn't expect my Jekyll to remain there, for a week or so...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #50 
emeraldsky

yea, I'm beginning to think some of the petstores here think ammonia burns are just coloration gah x.x

Tags
blind, care, diamond eyes