Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #61 
Sena Hansler

I know right? x) but I have it so each betta is for a certain level.. beginner is usually the ones who had something minor like ammonia burns/scarring. Expert are ones who've gotten stuff that can reoccur and hit harder the second time around. intermediate is somewhere inbetween xD and each adopter will get "quized" to determine if they are able to have a betta. I don't want a "mom says I cant get a pet but I really want a betta and I got a 0.5 kit with tons of flakes and a plastic plant in the middle plus some cool rocks I found on the road" >.>
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #62 
emeraldsky

Oh good Lord no, those are the worst x.x

It seems like it would be hard to find a good betta parent though since many people just seem to get them as impulses :/
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #63 
Sena Hansler

I found 4 awesome people :) one lady owned a betta before, with her kids (yes, WITH, :) ) and she had a 5 gallon heated and filtered ready for him already. She didnt want a sickly fish from the store... She's Reggie's adopter. Another one, was a manly man, came and got Voldemort and Sasuke, had 2 tanks (one 10, one 20!) JUST for them!!! <3 The other got Nemphis, and also had a 5 gallon :o I have NO idea where these awesome people came from. But they were so ready to take on a betta AND the brochure, and they were given this site as well
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #64 
emeraldsky

Oh that is so cool :O

I guess they would be serious about having a betta though if they were looking to adopt rather than just go to petco and buy on there.

The one how had the 20 gallon though, do you know if it was a community tank? I can imagine just having 1 betta in there XD
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #65 
Sena Hansler

I did ask him xD he said he had danios before, and it has been just sitting there for a few months unused ever since. I told him if he ever wanted to add danios with the betta, Voldemort was the better one to use, Sasuke would slaughter everything. Plus, I gave tips on "keeping the peace" with hidey holes and plants :) and you could tell he was listening, and actually understanding lol. some people: "ya. uh huh, okay." nope, he understood, and I said he can always use this site, and can always email me if he has concerns or questions :)
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #66 
emeraldsky

Oh thats awesome!

Wish I could have a 20 gallon dedicated to one betta XD
No room though, and I always keep wanting to get other fish lol
Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #67 
Sena Hansler

well in a 20 Shiloh won't bite his fins. He's a darn high maintenance betta
Old 01-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #68 
emeraldsky

I only have one HM right now and he used to bite his fins in an 8 gallon, moved him to a 2.5g and he scoots all over the tank and no more tail nipping. Such an odd one XD
Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #69 
Sena Hansler

haha I know! Dally sulked, hid, wouldn't eat, in a WHOLE three gallons to himself. SO I stuck him back in the bowl, AND HE MADE A BUBBLE NEST >:( then begged for food. Just...... BAAH! >:( stupid gallon bowl I hate it
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #70 
emeraldsky

buahahaha XD

I KNOW
I have Lumpeh in a 1 gallon too, stupid thing is so hard to clean but she's the happiest Ive ever seen her so I dont have the heart to upgrade her into something more manageable ;A;

Tags
blind, care, diamond eyes