Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #11 
LittleBettas

Should I use the Melafix then? Im extremelly nervous about using it... I had been planning to toss it rather than risk it, but if I SHOULD use it, I will...
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #12 
Sakura8

You can but you don't feel comfortable, then it's probably best not to. I think the Jungle Parasites and AQ salt should do fine until the Maracyn II arrives, hopefully soon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #13 
LittleBettas

Ditto... fingers crossed... Im suppoced to wait 48 hours after the jungle treatment before starting again... should I do that or just dilute the mixture? I always have to do a second dose after the first when ever I get a betta with this parasite (black poop with white) my newer male Gotham has the same parasite and he is being treated for it also (Hercules, Finn, and Flagg also had it and had to do two doses of meds)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #14 
Sakura8

I think you can wait 48 hours for the Jungle Parasite but go ahead and keep him in the AQ salt during that time. Sounds like nasty tapeworms or something. Poor Wal-Mart babies. :( They're so lucky you give them good homes. Do you happen to have any API Stress Coat? If you do, adding that might help too. We want him to produce lots of slime coat until the Maracyn arrives.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #15 
LittleBettas

Tapeworms? that would cause the open sores?
I work with and have fostered for local shelter... I hate tapeworms... my last foster puppy had a horrible case of hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms.... to the point she was vomiting them.... now they kind of gross me out....
I already have him in API water conditionor + stress coat (I use that with bettas with finrot so I went ahead and switched him on it)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #16 
Sakura8

No, I don't think tapeworms could cause open sores. I hope not, that would be pretty strange. That's the part I'm so puzzled about. He must have some kind of bacteria causing those sores. Or external parasites and he just isn't flashing or darting. But that seems unlikely.

Your poor puppy. That is a load of worms all right. Hard to believe one poor creature could carry so many. :(

Sounds like he's got the best treatment plan until the Maracyn comes. If his behavior changes at all, maybe up the AQ salt to 2 tsps per gallon. But hopefully he can hang in there. You're doing a great job, LittleBettas. :)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #17 
LittleBettas

I didn't think so either... Im completely puzzled on what could cause that... go

I know, especially considering she was 4 weeks old and the runt of the litter

I will do, thank you so much Sakura, I will post updates and pictures in the morning, hopefully the Maracyn gets here fast
Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #18 
Sakura8

You're welcome. :) I'll do some research over here and see if I can figure out what could be causing those sores. Hang in there!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

My boyfriend woke up early and fed the sorority and found that he had passed away over night, he took him out an buried him then woke me up
I really wish I knew what that was, but more than anything, I wish there was some way for me to get back at this "holistic" petstore employee and to make her understand the pain he must have gone through
Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #20 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, LittleBettas. :( That poor baby and his sores.