Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #11 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishal View Post
my fish is only eating meat and raw fish and it is not eating anyother else what should i to change it's feeding type
Please create a seperate thread so that members may help you with your individual problem
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #12 
AmyC00

i think that baffle filter thing is actually starting to help. he doesn't seem to be doing the back and forth thing AS MUCH as he was. he still does it but not as often as he was.. thanks for all the help.. ill keep you guys updated... one of my friends said hes probably riding the waves from the filter LOL
AmyC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #13 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC00 View Post
i got that buffer made.. but hes still going back and forth
Try giving him some time, he has not been in the tank for very long... are there any plants or hiding places for him in there?
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #14 
AmyC00

i just went tonight and got some more plants for hiding... hes now going back and forth (from end to end) in the front of the tank..

here is a picture of my setup

pic 1 is original picture (taken Sunday)
pic 2 is tonight with the new plants and gravel i just added
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #15 
AmyC00

last night i turned off his tank light and i turned my bedroom light off. i put a blanket over the tank...i stuck my head under the blanket and used a flashlight (had it covered with my hand and let only a small amount of light out) i watched Edward and he was cruising around slowly checking stuff out. he then started sleeping in the plants and puffing out showing off his colors.. not once did he do the back and forth pacing... this morning i wake up i open my blinds.. give it some time then turn his tank light on.. hes back to swimming back and forth in front of the tank.. i know hes happy because he made a bubble nest last night and he finally ate... so if he is calm at night and doesnt do it. why is he during the day?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #16 
Oldfishlady

Sounds like he is glass surfing in either response to seeing his reflection, water movement or just the new environment....

Sometimes they will stop after some time to adjust...but they can get pretty stressed if it is due to reflection-I would cover 3 sides of the tank and see if this helps any and even keep the light off on the hood for a day or so and once he calms down and adjust to the tank-start removing the covers one at a time and monitor response-replace if needed...I would use dark colored paper if you have some-anything will work as long as its not reflective...

Sometimes it can be the water movement especially in smaller tanks and even with a baffle they just won't tolerate it and you may have to remove the filter all together for awhile until he adjust to the new environment...but I would try the covering 3 side first...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #17 
AmyC00

i have a 10 gallon tank.. it has an aquarium background on it.. and i have turned the filter off for an hour but he still continues to do it.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #18 
Oldfishlady

Sometime the backgrounds themselves can be reflective due to what they are made out of...if it is shiny...you may need to replace it with a paper product and also cover the two end side...or just try keeping the light off for a few days and see if that helps.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #19 
AmyC00

i just took the aquarium background down and found some red fabric/material my mom had in her craft room so i put that up.. gonna see how this works out.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #20 
AmyC00

what colors would be a good color that would stop them from seeing their reflection.. in case this red material doesnt work out..