Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 
keith1964

I have now a second spawn

Yesterday I introduced my first female with my new male. The male showed no interest but the female displayed herself to him. Today the couple showed this display as per the pictures attached. I decided to release her into his tank.
5 minutes later they had spawned.
Attached Images

keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #2 
keith1964

Photos from my second spawn, 12 days after her first spawn. The male still looks very immature. His bubble nest was not yet build when they went into spawning mode. It is amazing how the pair part-take in collecting the eggs. Once this has been completed the male then turn into a terror an chase her away from the bubble nest.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #3 
keith1964

This spawning should have not taken place, I just wanted to see if the male could partner with this female. He is still immatured must still practice on building a bubble-nest. His nest is too small and he cannot manage with eggs stay tumbling out of the small nest.

Hi spawning method is perfect but lack in nest building. I will be getting them a bigger breeding tank and let them try in 2 months time.

This spawning happen within 5 minutes after introducing the pair.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #4 
betta lover1507

wow 0-0 sorry to here about the immature male, did he eat the eggs?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #5 
keith1964

I actually did not wanted the pair to spawn just did a test run and within 5 minutes eggs where this lady is very hot and naughty LOL

I thought he had eaten all the eggs but when I looked inside he had rebuild and had kept some eggs, some eggs could have been between the plants. This evening I could see a few fry moving around the nest. So he is not immature he actually knows what needs to be done. He is collecting the fry and blowing them back into the nest.

I will see if I can raise some on this batch not very big, this female's batch of eggs was much larger than her first spawn
Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #6 
Bambi

Out of curiosity how big is the tank you spawned in(the male's tank).

I ask because my next spawn I plan to use a smaller container then move the fry when free swimming to the ten gallon.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #7 
keith1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Out of curiosity how big is the tank you spawned in(the male's tank).

I ask because my next spawn I plan to use a smaller container then move the fry when free swimming to the ten gallon.
Hi Bambi

I had him in that small tank for only a week as my first male had died just before the first spawn just started to free swim.

I just try him out with my first female as per the pictures attached. Her second spawn was quiet big, but most of the eggs were scattered as he never built a bubble nest and the few eggs that he had kept aside they had managed to hatch. It is amazing how nature had taken it's course and what I thought him being immature. He has now built a nest as is constantly moving the few fry around.

I will be investing in smaller tanks for breeding and get more grow out tanks for the fry.

I will use him later to spawn again with this female. She is really wanting to breed.. LOL

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #8 
keith1964

I have remove some fry this morning male had hidden them in between the plants. I can now use him later for a second spawn. I am first going to condition the pair for another. I am preparing the 60L tank for my grow out fry of my first spawn hoping they will survive of the outbreak of ick.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #9 
keith1964

I moved about 16 fry over to my tank with my first fry tank
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #10 
Bambi

Glad to see it looks like your other fry got past their ich issues.
You had about 40 in the other spawn right/ so this brings your fry count up to 50-60ish?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote