Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

Question Step 1: Admit that you have a problem

I HAVE ONE. I went to a store called Pet Palace on (I don't even know anymore), and my mom went to a different store in the same plaza to get some scrubs for her work uniform. Now, I played with a Weimeraner puppy (OMGIWANTONE) and I browsed the ENTIRE store, bored out of my mind. I read every label from dried crickets for anoles to dog poo-bags. I noticed on a shelf, the most beautiful Veltails I have ever seen. Now, I think there were 4. They were in tiny bowls (surprisingly not in plastic cups), and they were STUNNING. Not a single bit of finrot, popeye, velvet, etc. They were pristine, which was frighteningly beautiful.
One was a pure cobalt blue, another was bloodred, the third was a metallic green, and the last was a pinkish white, marbled. He had spots of blue, green, red, yellow, and some other shades. HE WAS GORGEOUS. I was right next to the register and I must have been standing there STARING at him for 10 minutes because after a while the cashier said "can I help you?" and I was all "um.....no?"
I seriously almost bought him right there but I already had a new betta (Omelette) and I had no containers to keep him ( a new fish) in, other than a 3/4 gallon glass vase, that Omelette was NOT happy in, I think because it was like a plastic cup upgrade xD (He's in a 1-gallon triangle)
But last night I had a dream that I was at a petstore and there was a little Asian girl there (maybe 4 years old) and her name was Asia...weird, huh? Although that might have something to do with my friend who looks Asian and we call her Asian but she's not....off topic lol...
So we were both looking around the store, we became friends quickly. And her mom said that she could buy a betta fish. There were 2 cups on a shelf. One with the gorgeous marbled boy I so desperately wanted, and a blue one. I stood there in horror, I was SOOOOO jealous, I wanted to steal the marble one if she bought it (I know I'm horrible), and she bought the blue betta. I WAS SO HAPPY SHE DIDN'T BUY "MY" FISH. I think in the dream I bought the marbled one anyway, but the details are fuzzy.
NOW every time I think about that marble fish...
I feel light-headed. Like, I NEED that fish. Undoubtedly, someone has bought it, it's long gone. Maybe a little Asian girl named Asia bought it.... I dunno.
But it seems like fate to me.
My mom asked me what I would buy if I went on a shopping spree for my birthday (the 29th) and I told her I'd go to Petsmart and buy a fish tank and some newts... I changed my mind. Though I want a variety of pets, I AM HOOKED ON BETTAS. THEY ARE ADDICTING.
Are you bearing with me? Hehe, I'm a bettaholic!
I have an obsession. Is anybody else like this? Seriously so into one kind of betta that they feel like passing out every time they go to a pet store? I'm not even kidding. I'm out of breath right now. Maybe it's a little strange for that to happen. Okay, I'll shut up now and let you talk.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #2 
4alwaysAbettaluver

I have ever only owned 2 bettas and in shared them with my family, so I never had owned 1 all to myself. After looking on his site, well things kinda changed for me... I AM OBSESSED!!! I have a problem with buying them though, I dont know why, but I am always drawn over to the shrimpy-ist little cuties on the shelves when I "stroll" through petco. I dont think that really is a flaw... but it may be some weird OCD thing. So anyways, my dream betta is either a blue+purple halfmoon male or an opalescent, marble halfmoon pk male.
4alwaysAbettaluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

Advice for you both: if you EVER hear of a local aquarium society, run the other way. You'll regret it forever, but you will be richer and have far more space. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #4 
PaintingPintos

Oh, my God. I MUST FIND ONE. Though even without one I'll end up with 50 aquariums anyway.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #5 
Bombalurina

Last meeting, mine sold a pair of 8-inch black ghost knifes (should have been about $80 each MINIMUM in a shop) for $27.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #6 
PaintingPintos

OH MY GAHD. I always wanted a black ghost knife... you people are insane. The nearest PetSmart sells them real cheap for about 20 bucks each but they're all snatched up within a couple of hours.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #7 
Laki

I hear you on the bettaholic thing!! I have been victimized too!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #8 
kesomon

I've never had a spaz attack walking past the betta display, but I did have a dream this morning. In it, I was Draco Malfoy (for some reason) and I laughed at a bit of teasing I shouldn't have laughed at. Ginny Weasley proceeded to hex me and turn me into a betta, then stuck me in a tiny cup on the shelf of a Petco. I woke up feeling very befuddled and sad.
kesomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #9 
ArcticRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesomon View Post
I've never had a spaz attack walking past the betta display, but I did have a dream this morning. In it, I was Draco Malfoy (for some reason) and I laughed at a bit of teasing I shouldn't have laughed at. Ginny Weasley proceeded to hex me and turn me into a betta, then stuck me in a tiny cup on the shelf of a Petco. I woke up feeling very befuddled and sad.
LOL!!!!! I'm sorry, I just could not refrain from saying something....

To stay on topic, I only buy bettas that I have a special connection with. I could have a tank empty for months and I would never buy it an occupant until I found I betta that I could absolutely not leave at the petstore.
I have some awesome self control! I can look at a gorgeous betta and say "I can live without you". But, their are always those special fishys who you can just Not Live Without.

So, to answer you question, No. I do not have self control issues. But, I am most certainly addicted to bettas!

Last edited by ArcticRain; 01-17-2012 at 10:52 PM.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettaholic, obsession