Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #1 
peaches3221

Talking My mom thinks I'm insane. (LOTS OF PICS!)

yes, I've done it again. I had managed to restrain myself for a long time, I only had Yogi, my 1.5 yr old former-class-pet-betta, then about 2 months ago I saw a little redish-brownish HM at petco and bought him. then about a month later I got Hiroshi, my beautiful plakat boy from aquabid, for my b-day and splurged and bought him a 5 gal aqueon mini bow .Then about a week ago I saw a very pale grey dobletail at petco, and bought him (despite my mom's disapproval . (he's now perked up ALOT and is a dark steel blue! ) Well unfortunately my little HM guy was acting lethargic and died this week from unknown causes SO today me and my mom were at walmart today and of course the first place I go is the fish section. they had about 8 cups, a few were females. surprisingly, the water didn't look too dirty. better than my petco actually. (I saw a little female with dropsy so bad she couldn't even swim, I wish I could have bought her and made her comfortable even though she obviously wouldn't have made it but I couldn't risk infecting all my fish ) ANYWAY in the back of all the cups was a little marble VT, easily the nicest betta I've seen at any store. I knew I wasn't gonna leave without him but I was afraid of my mom's reaction LOL so i'm like "okay pleeeeeaaase don't kill me but I just gotta get this one! look how pretty he is! " Well she was only a bit reluctant but let me get him!!
OKAY sorry for the long post- here he is!!!!!

get me out of this tiny cup!!!
--
flaring at Hiroshi!!

*GRRRRRR!!!*
---
showing off my pretty tail!

----
wat r u lookin at?
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

So does my family :D
Great looking boy!
Hiroshi is also very pretty! Congrats!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #3 
peaches3221

Lol I have to tell my mom that there are people that actually have more bettas than me ;) and thanks!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

i love both of your boys :3 there adorable, also i had a female that survived from dropsy but died by jumping out the tank >.> i just gave her iodized table salt :P and she got better in a half of a week :P or more

okay tell your mom this "mom, there are more people that has even MORE betta's than me like the person with 5 adults and 2 baby betta's" AND I COULD GET 13 MORE BETTA'S WITH PERMISSION (because i got a new cabinet) WHOO! (just like cole train ) thats not even for the sorority yet

Last edited by betta lover1507; 01-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #5 
BettaMommy531rip

My mom thought I was nuts for having 2 bettas and a hamster at the same time! (I only have one betta and a hamster now). But I've convinced her that one betta is just not cutting it. My one betta is in a gallon vase, right under my lamp. I know, not ideal conditions, but she is surprisingly peppy and happy in there. I'm hoping to get 1-2 new plakat guys to soothe her lonliness. Then I will put the new guys in 1.5 gallon tanks untill I get two 10 gallons. One for the new boys to split and one for Shimmer to have all to herself until I find another betta to share with her. My plan is to get 2 plakat guys from Chard56 (on aquabid) then to splurge on a guy and or girl from a breeder in Thailand. The guy or girl from Thailand will be really expensive because the guy charges like 20-25 dollars a betta + like $30 in shipping fees. But in the end I hopefully will have 4 bettas in total. :) My mom is learning to deal with my obsession. :)
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

i still want a DBT girl, HMPK girl, HM girl, CT girl, DBTHM girl xD
and 13 boys, and gonna spawn and my parents are cool with it (as long i pay for the girls from aquabid )
i love your boy don't know the coloration though
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

The problem is ONE betta is never enough. Once you see that happy little guy/girl full of personality you want to make another one just as happy.

I'm currently itching to get another tank! I have an entry table in my apartment with an outlet beind it that would be PERFECT for a 5 galon. I'm keeping strong.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #8 
peaches3221

heheh @ betta lover you are soo lucky!!! and wow I thought you couldn't cure dropsy! you got lucky!

bettamommy- AWWW I love hamsters, accidnetally got a pregnant one once! whats even worse is that the store said she was a boy *facepalm*

@Vilmarisv thats so true! after my little doubletail colored up so much I wanted to rescue another! and DOOO ITTTT! Get the tetra 5 gal from walmart, only $30 w/filter & light! gonna get one next week for my new boy!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

I'm afraid my family'll pull me into an intervention if they do I'm taking my bettas and going to wherever it is that's warm all year round >.>
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #10 
vilmarisv

I'm looking at gettting this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-...ts/14660258#rr
I would not use the filter as I prefer the sponge filters but I wouldn't need to replace the light. Have everything else but the plants and the fish!
We'll see...