Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

I got 2 20s 2 10s and a 29 and a bunch o' 3s. o.o also, USA walmart is so much cheaper than canada lucky!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #12 
BettaMommy531rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
i still want a DBT girl, HMPK girl, HM girl, CT girl, DBTHM girl xD
and 13 boys, and gonna spawn and my parents are cool with it (as long i pay for the girls from aquabid )
i love your boy don't know the coloration though
You are sooooo lucky! My parents would never let me have that many bettas! I had to work hard to get to the point where I can have 3/4!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I moved out, and my landlord told me I could have as many fish as I want - just no cat or dog. >.> He doesn't know me very well. Eventually I'll get into spawning again, just not now lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #14 
Pitluvs

My Mom would never let me have one Betta, we had a fish tank in the garage for years and were allowed no fish. Parents are only trying to teach you to limit what you have so you can properly take care of it. It's easy to overload with Bettas, and that can move into other animals and possibly kids down the road LOL So if your parents say 2 is a limit, respect it. It's their rules and they are only wanting the best for you.

Now that I'm a parent myself, and I make my own money and pay bills, I have as many Bettas as I can handle. My kids will be limited should they ever want Bettas. 2 max here as well.

Your new boys is gorgeous, reminds me of my Ben <3
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

pfft my mom was a "no animals at all because I hate those kinds of animals" aaand then I came home with a fish and she ridiculed me for having a "stupid" animal xD well...she said no hamster, dog, cat, guinea, bird, etc After a while she got used to me having fish.
However I've seen people ask "how can I get my dad to let me get a puppy? I have 3 cats, 2 birds, a hamster and a rabbit but I REALLY want a puppy." x.x my answer is always: you can't. lol
Old 01-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #16 
Mart2289

haaaw.. wow.. You saved his life!
I bought my fish at Petland but it was really dirty and it smelled really bad... there were almost 20 fishes and all of them in bad conditions.. I just wanted to buy all of them but I could not take care of 20 betta fishes.. loll

I think it's always betetr to buy a fish at a petshop than at a breeder because you save a life!
Mart2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #17 
BettaMommy531rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart2289 View Post
I bought my fish at Petland but it was really dirty and it smelled really bad... there were almost 20 fishes and all of them in bad conditions.. I just wanted to buy all of them but I could not take care of 20 betta fishes.. loll

I think it's always betetr to buy a fish at a petshop than at a breeder because you save a life!
Normally I would buy a betta from a petstore, but I've had sooooo much bad luck and heartbreak that I just can't take anymore petstore bettas for awhile. Also none of the petstores near me have plakats, and I realllllllly want a plakat. I especially want a salamander plakat. I even have a wanted add in the classified section. Click here to view my add:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90776
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

that would be nice to come across lol. Here, I was lucky to find ONE plakat female... and my females are all combtail now. all the males are VT, VT or VT
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #19 
peaches3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
My Mom would never let me have one Betta, we had a fish tank in the garage for years and were allowed no fish. Parents are only trying to teach you to limit what you have so you can properly take care of it. It's easy to overload with Bettas, and that can move into other animals and possibly kids down the road LOL So if your parents say 2 is a limit, respect it. It's their rules and they are only wanting the best for you.

Now that I'm a parent myself, and I make my own money and pay bills, I have as many Bettas as I can handle. My kids will be limited should they ever want Bettas. 2 max here as well.

Your new boys is gorgeous, reminds me of my Ben <3
hahaha yeah, my mom is OK with me having four bettas but she can't understand why one isn't enough. she thinks that having larger tanks are "ugly" and take up too much room so she's not too happy about my five gallon upgrades but hey I pay for it and I take care of them, too... shes never changed the water, fed them etc. so thats why it annoys me when she complains about my fish, I don't ask for anything from her, yet she bugs me about having aquariums in MY room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
pfft my mom was a "no animals at all because I hate those kinds of animals" aaand then I came home with a fish and she ridiculed me for having a "stupid" animal xD well...she said no hamster, dog, cat, guinea, bird, etc After a while she got used to me having fish.
However I've seen people ask "how can I get my dad to let me get a puppy? I have 3 cats, 2 birds, a hamster and a rabbit but I REALLY want a puppy." x.x my answer is always: you can't. lol
awww I've always had pets, my mom got me two little goldfish in a five gallon tank when I was like three and then when I was like six I had my first betta, a blue veil tail who lived in a half gallon vase. i feel so guilty for treating them badly but at least now I know better :) I've learned a lot from this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart2289 View Post

me too! I know some argue that if you buy from a pet store you are "supporting" them to buy more bettas but I think you can make a bigger statement by boycotting the small, decorative tanks, then you're encouraging them to stock more appropriate homes for bettas, and not tell people to keep the fish in a 1/2 gallon bowl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMommy531rip View Post
Normally I would buy a betta from a petstore, but I've had sooooo much bad luck and heartbreak that I just can't take anymore petstore bettas for awhile. Also none of the petstores near me have plakats, and I realllllllly want a plakat. I especially want a salamander plakat. I even have a wanted add in the classified section. Click here to view my add:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90776
awww, I'm sorry to hear that! good luck finding your salamander, they are so pretty!!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #20 
BettaMommy531rip

Yop, salamander BFs are GORGEOUS!!!