Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #1 
Foisair

Post Forum based Role Play anyone?

Has anyone done any forum based role playing? I'd love to get a story going with some people on here. It can be betta based or not. Up to you.

For those that have never RPed (role-played) in a forum and would like to try, it's pretty easy. We are basicly taking turns telling a story together. We each get our own character(s) and can only control our own characters. I will gladly write up a short example if you'd like.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #2 
SnowySurface

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I've done RP in emails and instant messages but not in a forum thread. How would it work? Can people pop in randomly with new characters or would the cast be set? Well...I guess you couldn't prevent random posts even if you wanted to. But I am curious how the story would follow a set path in a forum thread. I usually RP with only 1 or 2 other people at a time.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 
MandiceP

I'd probably join in. I do all sorts of RPing... live and on forums, or at least I used to. I also am an avid D&D player, lol. So I'm in!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

I have done lots of email rping but never forum. Would give it a shot.
Have been wanting to do a 1x1 if anyone is interested. Just pm me.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #5 
Foisair

Snowy - I've found that it's usually easier to determine characters an players before starting. It wouldn't be impossible to have people add characters as we go, but I find it can get very unorganized and easily overcrowded quickly. The largest RP I've done has been about 5-6 players with no more than two characters each. I figured we could use this thread to determine players, characters and plot. A new thread could be started for actual game play.

Mandice - I'm glad to have another experienced RPer. It will make getting this started much easier for those still learning. What kind of stories have you done? Most of mine have been fantasy, scifi and combat; usually a mix of all three.

Poof (can I call you Poof?) - Did I understand that you would like to try the group RP? If you would like to do a 1x1 instead or even as well, I would be glad to join you.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #6 
MandiceP

I am all about mythical and fantasy type stories when I write and usually rping too. I'm all about combat too tho as that is what we do in D&D which is basically the same just spoken instead of typed. I'm rusty on the typed RP but I'll pick it back up quick I'm sure. This should also give me a boost to start working on my story again as I haven't been able to draw any inspiration to write and this just might be exactly what I need! :D
Old 01-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #7 
Foisair

We could do a mythical/fantasy RP. Would you like to start with characters and then build a story around them, or have a basic premise and then build the characters to fit the story?

Here's a basic character sheet I've used. Let me know what you think.

Name:
Class/Job/Etc:
Skills/Abilities/Magic:
Weapons:
Bio/Personality/History:

Snowy and Poof, feel free to add your input as well. I'm not trying to cut you from the conversation.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #8 
a123andpoof

I have not done a lot of fantasy but would love to give it a shot. And I will do the forum one. But if anyone wants 1x1 I will do that to.
And character list is fine. I am a little more used to an intro description though.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #9 
MandiceP

That character list is good. Maybe a couple more fields for physical description too? I like to write a little paragraph about my character first before I rp just so I have a background to go with. I like making the story and then fitting characters in... but if others want to do it characters first then that is fine. I'm flexible! LOL
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #10 
Foisair

Ok. I'll add the physical description stuff too. I forgot that since the character sheet I yanked it from had a picture.

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Class/Job/Etc:
Skills/Abilities/Magic:
Weapons:
Bio/Personality/History:

Give me a few and I'll see if I can come up with a premise/story. ^_^ If any of you have a story in mind, post it.