Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #11 
MandiceP

Haha, I'm all about drawing my character! LMAO but I think the new character sheet is perfect! I have the next two days off from work so I'll be around to help. Feel free to pm me if you want inspiration/input!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #12 
Foisair

Here's the first few ideas I've come up with. Let me know what you think.

A Dragon’s Dream.

Setting: Typical medieval fantasy world with typical fantasy races (humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, gnomes etc.). Unique races will be great, just be prepared to do a lot more describing. There are also the typical fantasy creatures (dragons, gryphons, unicorns, mermaids etc.).

Premise: X number of characters have banded together and are seeking out the Dragons. The Dragons usually live in different areas based on their element. However, they have gone missing. Some (to possibly all) characters have been having strange dreams where they are actually the Dragon that they seek.

Special: This story will need each Dreamer to choose their Dragon’s element and describe their Dragon (or possibly other creatures if we want to go that way) including appearance, abilities and magic.

Not Your Typical Unicorn

Setting: This world started out as any typical medieval fantasy world with all its creatures and races. Every magical creature was hunted, from the great and powerful dragons to the most innocent of unicorns. Having the ability to fly, the dragons, gryphons and others fled the world of Man (and elf? or other races?). The unicorns, being prisoners of the earth, could only flee so far until their way was blocked by either shore or mountain. Once the horned horses were cornered, something happened that made them change. No one is quite sure what. Some say a wizard transformed them. Others say that a unicorn killed a man defending itself and that all its pure magic turned against the creature causing it to change. There are no more innocent unicorns. For one reason or another, they have all become carnivorous monsters and are feared more than wolves or bears. Wolves and bears are dangerous but they lack the intelligence of a unicorn.

Premise: Not quite sure how to play this one out. First thought is a war between man and unicorns with played characters on both sides.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #13 
laughing

I have been super/global moderator for one forum and admin on another. The first one was a HUGE success. Unfortunately our admin dropped out. Because of that, myself and another member became admins for a spin-off of that one. It did well, but wasn't as popular as the first.

I also did coding, graphics, etc. I really miss it. ;-( I love to write! I don't have an internet/computer, though. Mostly why I stopped. I'm on here with my phone right now. If I had a computer, I'd be right back to it!

Were you wanting to do it on this forum? I don't think that'd go well. Forums are only successful when rules are applied and you are the admin! People do post crude things, interrupt, etc. So being admin means you can edit, delete posts, and such.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #14 
Foisair

laughing - I am aware that trying to do a RP on a forum can be complicated and trolls are always an issue. I used to run my own sites back when avidgamers.com was still around. With the time I've spent on this site, I've found everyone to be respectful and trolls are easy to spot. No one causes problems when individuals write stories in the Betta Art section. Why should they be an issue if a group of us tell a story together?

I figure it's worth a shot. This site has become more of a community rather than just a quick Q&A forum. With the addition of other non-betta sections, we can learn about each others' hobbies and interests. If nothing else, I have found some people who may be interested RPing elsewhere, be it another forum or email. I'd like to try it here first though.

Thank you for your concern. I know this might be a challenge. You are more than welcome to join us Laughing if you'd like. The more people who know what they're doing or I'm trying to do, the better. ^_^
Old 01-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #15 
laughing

I'm glad it was thought out!

I would completely join, but again, no computer. Typing on my phone is hard and I hardly get on already. I randomly disappear for a few weeks as well. Not very RP friendly :-/
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #16 
Foisair

Gotchya. I RP over email as well. If you ever want to do a 1-on-1 someday, just pm me. ^_^ And any tips, tricks or ideas as we get this off the ground will be gladly accepted.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #17 
a123andpoof

I kind of like the dragons dream one..
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #18 
laughing

Yay! If I get to computer and you're on, I'd LOVE to!

The main thing right now is I would say don't make too many rules. Keep things simple and fun! Of course this forum already has rules, so you can be even simpler.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #19 
SnowySurface

Dragons have been done to death. But I do like the Unicorn Idea. I'm going to quote Foisair's idea first and then put how I would set it up below it in purple. My reasoning for my ideas will be under the purple text in black. Since it's both our ideas and my reasoning this post gets a bit long. ^_^;

Quote:
Not Your Typical Unicorn

Setting: This world started out as any typical medieval fantasy world with all its creatures and races. Every magical creature was hunted, from the great and powerful dragons to the most innocent of unicorns. Having the ability to fly, the dragons, gryphons and others fled the world of Man (and elf? or other races?). The unicorns, being prisoners of the earth, could only flee so far until their way was blocked by either shore or mountain. Once the horned horses were cornered, something happened that made them change. No one is quite sure what. Some say a wizard transformed them. Others say that a unicorn killed a man defending itself and that all its pure magic turned against the creature causing it to change. There are no more innocent unicorns. For one reason or another, they have all become carnivorous monsters and are feared more than wolves or bears. Wolves and bears are dangerous but they lack the intelligence of a unicorn.

Premise: Not quite sure how to play this one out. First thought is a war between man and unicorns with played characters on both sides.
Setting:
The world started out as any typical medieval fantasy world with all its creatures and races. Every magical creature was hunted, from the great and powerful dragons to the most innocent of unicorns. Having the ability to fly, the dragons, gryphons and others fled the land until only Unicorns and Mortals remained. The unicorns, being prisoners of the earth, could only flee so far until their way was blocked by either shore or mountain. Once the horned horses were cornered, they fled no longer. Some say a wizard transformed them. Others say that a unicorn killed a man defending itself and that all its pure magic turned against the creature causing it to change. The reason why all Unicorns have become carnivorous monsters and are feared more than wolves or bears is simple. The Unicorns are Omnivores who are sick of dying and cannot graze without being slain.

Innocence is a luxuary the unicorns could no longer afford. Diplomacy is an action Mortals will not acknowledge because of years of hardship and social exile. Had Mortals and Mysticals lived side by side in harmony from the dawn of time, the present would be different. Now, Unicorns are no longer vegetarians and Mortals are no longer simple farmers, fishers, or shepards. Now, There are too many lives lost on both sides to avoid war.

Unicorn Premise:
What madness! When has the simple act of living become a crime in the eyes of the lesser races? If we live in a place they like, we fall by their swords even if we were there for generations. If we dare to eat, we are slain because they want to feed their pets in that area. They don't seem to care in the slightest that we've grazed their since the grass first grew. Even if we are traveling away from the grass and our homes, we are killed because we can't fly over mountains or swim across seas.

Our existance is not a crime! As gentle grazers, our people have never done anything to invoke the haterid of these mortals. If they smelled of an unnatural taint, we would seek out the source. But it seems as if every lesser race has lost its' mind in unison. Since we do not have the choice to flee, that only leaves us with the need to fight. If humans have moved into our grazing meadows, they have to be pushed back so our people can eat. If the humans are in our watering holes, they have to be forced out so our people can drink. No matter the cost, a place to live must be reclaimed and loved ones protected for the sake of our lives.

Mortal Premise:
Are dragons more worthy of life because of their magic? No, but they eat the live stock and wild game we need to feed our families. Unless the dragons have a taste for human while they are out and about. Then they simply kill of relatives by devouring them instead of slowly starving us to death. Do gryffins have more mastery over creation because of their flight? No, but they descimate our live stock and hunting grounds just as readily as the dragons. They may not eat our loved ones, but they still play a role in starving us. Even when live stock does survive even the Unicorns doom us to extinction by eating the healthier grass and grains and leave our cattle the weeds.

No mystical creature is better than us simply because of magic! No creature has a greater right to life than us! We will show them the worth of our race. For the sake of generations to come, we will make this land a realm of mortals. A safe heaven where the forests are filled with game, the fields are full of grass, and death doesn't decend from the sky. We will reclaim this land for our survival if. All who do not leave willingly will be buried instead!

Premise in a Nutshell: Most of the mystical creators fled because they've lived long enough to know how bad war can get. Unfortunately, the Unicorns are stuck fighting against Mortals who want everything to themselves. The Mortals have started a revolt against the Mystical creatures who used resources so recklessly it left them with the option to fight for what's left or starve. Pick a side and go nuts.

I replaced Humans with Mortals in case someone whats to be a UNnicorn slaying troll. A mortal is simply a race that cannot use magic even if that race happens to fly. So if you are a mortal Elf you can't use magic even if every other rp on the planet makes elves magic masters. I also made the unicorns sentient so the Unicorn side can communicate by typing more than "nay" and "snort".

I'm also sick of rps that need a definite bad guy. The Unicorns are full of themselves becuase they have magic and the "lesser races" are stuck swinging around swords. They can't even begin to imagine a world when they would do much more than ignore the existance of mortals as they go about their business. Moratals are so sick of being outdone by the mysticals that they become jealous and greedy. They can't be satistifed with a piece of the pie, they want the entire bakery now.

Also, no one would feel like they have to be a Unicorn to be bad or they would have to be mortal to be good. You also don't have to be loyal to your race. You can be a mortal who thinks the mysticals could learn to share with us. You can be a Unicorn who realizes the unicorns have been vain and should try to talk things out with the humans. You can even be a maverick who is sick of both sides and wants everyone to die. But I'm pretty sure that choice will have you killed by every other player.

As I said in purple, We could pick a side and go nuts.

Also, if a troll did pop in to mess things up, it would be fairly easy to rp the troll away with this much flexibility. I'm a human mage in my LARP and a tuaren hunter in my MMORPG. It's about time I rolled something insane like a Unicorn Necromancer.

Me: "You killed my family" *cast spell* "Now my family will kill you!"

Zombie Family: "Brrraaaaaaiiins"

Last edited by SnowySurface; 01-20-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: I still managed to forget something. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #20 
MaisyDawgThirteen

On another forum, Webkinz Insider they have a full section devoted to RP's!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote