Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #31 
MaisyDawgThirteen

The most popular RP on the other forum I go on is one based on the "Warriors" Series by Erin Hunter. That's a blast. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #32 
Foisair

Mandi – The unicorn story is more unique for sure and I think it will really allow players to draw more from their own imaginations rather than the latest book or movie. Added your name.

Wally – A betta/merbetta RP could be an option. I don’t think it was brought up as I was trying to get an idea of general interests. Right now there have only been two stories suggested. Both take place in a medieval fantasy world with one being focused on dragons and the other is a battle between mortals and unicorns. There is a more lengthy and detailed post a page or two ago. If you would like to suggest a betta themed story that is okay too.

Erinandares – I understand your unease. I meant to just get a few people to RP with. I didn’t realize there’d be so much interest. O.o I don’t think it should be a problem though seeing as how new sections have popped up encouraging conversations on other topics. When we start, it will probably be best to have each story as their own thread in the Journals section.

MaisyDawg – I’m not sure I’m familiar with the “Warriors” Series. Are you interested in participating in any of the story lines already presented? Or would you like to suggest one based on “Warriors”?

Below is a list of who would like to RP what story. As the story will be its own thread, we don’t have to pick just one. This is meant more to see who wants to play what and to determine if there are enough players to start. There are enough people to start the Unicorn story so I will be working on an intro post. Snowy, I will most likely be using an edited version of your take on it if that’s okay. I would like to keep a limit on player numbers per story as well just to keep things from getting too crazy. Is 6 an okay number with everyone? This will allow Wally and MaisyDawg to join the unicorn story if they’d like.

Dragons – a123andpoof; Foisair

Unicorns – SnowySurface; erinandares; MandiceP; Foisair

(I put my name under both as I will RP either/both.)
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #33 
MandiceP

The Warriors is a cat book series, no? I started reading the first chapter of the first book. It is a cute story from what I can tell. Wild cat clans fighting to keep territory and such. I wouldn't be opposed to a betta themed RP if more people wanted to go that route... but For the currently presented themes I do like the unicorn one. Let's see what the others think.
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #34 
Foisair

While starting to type up the first post of the Unicorn RP, I've come up with some basic guidelines. For those that have done this before, does this cover everything and is it simple enough to understand?

------

Basic Guidelines and things to keep in mind while posting:

~ No “god-modeing”. You are only allowed to control your own character. This can also be a term used for making your character invincible or all powerful. No one wants to play with a god.

~ Try to make decent lengths posts. Posts of at least a small paragraph should be the minimum. Conversation back and forth or quick combat would be the main exception.

~ Try to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. I understand forums are full of different ages and English is not the main language of everyone. The main reason I ask this is simply to make the posts easier to read.

~ Try to keep it real for the world and situation.

~ Any comments that are OOC (out of character) and not part of the story should distinguishable. For ease of reading, please place all OOC comments in double brackets. ((Like this.)) Please keep OOC comments in this thread about this story. If you have RP questions or comments, please post them in the thread linked above.

This is the thread that will be linked.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #35 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foisair View Post
Below is a list of who would like to RP what story. As the story will be its own thread, we don’t have to pick just one. This is meant more to see who wants to play what and to determine if there are enough players to start. There are enough people to start the Unicorn story so I will be working on an intro post. Snowy, I will most likely be using an edited version of your take on it if that’s okay. I would like to keep a limit on player numbers per story as well just to keep things from getting too crazy. Is 6 an okay number with everyone? This will allow Wally and MaisyDawg to join the unicorn story if they’d like.
I don't mind. Having Unicorn based RP was your idea in the first place.

6 seems like a good number to me but I would make an maximum limit of 10. I don't see 10 people joining the rp in the near future so my suggestion is theoretical at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foisair View Post
While starting to type up the first post of the Unicorn RP, I've come up with some basic guidelines. For those that have done this before, does this cover everything and is it simple enough to understand?

------

Basic Guidelines and things to keep in mind while posting:

~ No “god-modeing”. You are only allowed to control your own character. This can also be a term used for making your character invincible or all powerful. No one wants to play with a god.

~ Try to make decent lengths posts. Posts of at least a small paragraph should be the minimum. Conversation back and forth or quick combat would be the main exception.

~ Try to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. I understand forums are full of different ages and English is not the main language of everyone. The main reason I ask this is simply to make the posts easier to read.

~ Try to keep it real for the world and situation.

~ Any comments that are OOC (out of character) and not part of the story should distinguishable. For ease of reading, please place all OOC comments in double brackets. ((Like this.)) Please keep OOC comments in this thread about this story. If you have RP questions or comments, please post them in the thread linked above.

This is the thread that will be linked.
I like this outline. It covers all the main dos and don'ts of rping and doesn't constrict rp much.

But you may want to add one more.

No "meta gaming". If an RPer learns something in OOC chat that his or her player character didn't learn in game that character does NOT know the information.

An example is below just incase no one knows what I am talking about. It is in the usual purple example font color.

Bob the Mortal: I hate mothers day so much. ((I made his mom die during childbirth to make him more emo))

Mike the Mortal: Yeah, it must suck not having a mom dude.

Bob the Mortal: ...How do you know about my mother?

Mike the Mortal: Because you just told me.

Bob the Mortal: ((I told you. Bob didn't tell Mike.))

Mike the Mortal: So? I still know.

Bob the Mortal: ((YOU know. MIKE thinks Bob hates mothers or something. Stop speaking for Mike as you.))

Mike the Mortal: Then what do you want me to do? RP Mike as my mother?

Bob the Mortal: ((saondi'eoifhou You see that? That was me smashing my head on the keyboard becausing your meta gaming is driving me insane!))

Please don't be like Mike the Mortal. Bob the Mortal loses more keyboards that way.

Last edited by SnowySurface; 01-27-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: I picked pink instead of purple.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #36 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I'll join! :)
I'll send a link to the warriors RP.
And, yes it is the cats one. :)
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...update-687960/
Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #37 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I don't mind. Having Unicorn based RP was your idea in the first place.

6 seems like a good number to me but I would make an maximum limit of 10. I don't see 10 people joining the rp in the near future so my suggestion is theoretical at this point.

I like this outline. It covers all the main dos and don'ts of rping and doesn't constrict rp much.

But you may want to add one more.

No "meta gaming". If an RPer learns something in OOC chat that his or her player character didn't learn in game that character does NOT know the information.

An example is below just incase no one knows what I am talking about. It is in the usual purple example font color.

Bob the Mortal: I hate mothers day so much. ((I made his mom die during childbirth to make him more emo))

Mike the Mortal: Yeah, it must suck not having a mom dude.

Bob the Mortal: ...How do you know about my mother?

Mike the Mortal: Because you just told me.

Bob the Mortal: ((I told you. Bob didn't tell Mike.))

Mike the Mortal: So? I still know.

Bob the Mortal: ((YOU know. MIKE thinks Bob hates mothers or something. Stop speaking for Mike as you.))

Mike the Mortal: Then what do you want me to do? RP Mike as my mother?

Bob the Mortal: ((saondi'eoifhou You see that? That was me smashing my head on the keyboard becausing your meta gaming is driving me insane!))

Please don't be like Mike the Mortal. Bob the Mortal loses more keyboards that way.
+1 lol
Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #38 
Foisair

Whew....well, it's done. Sorry it took so long. But when you see the length of the intro post, you might forgive me. Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!

The Thread of DOOM!:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=92417
Old 02-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #39 
Foisair

Are people busy working on their character sheets and intros or did I scare everyone off?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #40 
SnowySurface

Life itself is my RP stage. O_O

But yeah, it's been attack of work and family for the past 7 days. I'll look at the thread now. But I have no idea when I'll have a character sheet set up. Maybe by tomorrow? *fingers crossed*
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote