Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #1 
kesomon

Does your betta have a theme song?

I'm not sure why, but whenever I listen to the songs 'Cave In' and 'The Saltwater Room' by Owl City, I automatically think of fish and my desire for a betta is increased.

How about anyone else? Got a song that reminds you of your bettas or other fish? Even a specific song that fits a particular individual? What's your betta's theme song?
kesomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

No song but my Fiance named him Captain after the new Captain America movie. He is a young crowntail. He was red white and blue in when we bought him but his body changed to salmon and his tail is just red and blue now. Amazing what clean water will do..... Wal-mart.....
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #3 
kesomon

He put his reds in with his whites and turned them pink. No one ever said Cap knew how to do laundry. X3

He's very pretty. I didn't even know Walmart sold fish until I went looking for a tank lid on a whim.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks, haha I really enjoy him. His very timid and sweet. Yea I unfortunatly am a sucker for wal-marts terrible conditions. I bought two more females (that puts me to three in my sorority) from wal-mart last weekend. One silver and pink female who was stressed beyond belief and an orangy salmon color female who looks like shes been chewed on by a dog. Back to my captain america them. I will show you the dorkier part of my Fiance's theme. He named our other betta Red Skull..... Red skull is technically purple in the body.... I swear I had no choice! Red skull is still healing from wal-mart abuse but he is a big healthy boy and eats like crazy. He also hates camera's as you will see.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #5 
kesomon

XD I like your fiance. Me, I'll probably go with a Tron theme with my fish names. I'm not allowed a tank right now, but I frequently go to the nearby Petco and visit a particular plakat that I nicknamed Ram, cuz he looks like a Grid warrior from the first film. Thankfully that particular Petco takes good care of their betta cups.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

Maybe I should try petco for my community tanks. I tell you I have had terrible luck with petsmart. I bought a female platy from there and she killed my whole tank. She had ich and I didn't know it until too late. It was a lesson learned. I'm taking a l.e.d. flashlight with me from now on.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #7 
kesomon

Well, such things vary from store to store, even in a chain. I've got three Petcos near me, and one is really good to their tanks and bettas, one is acceptable, and one has old gross tanks covered in algae. I've gotten most of my supply hoarde from Petsmart, because they're cheaper, but for fish I would go the good Petco.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

Spartan didn't NEED a theme song xD "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!" and Conan the Barbarian...well he has the shark theme to him because he is really...well...a barbarian o_O he's so mean!!
Marge and Tina don't either, but I made sure they were puntastic.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #9 
Shirleythebetta

So I'm not the only one with movie themed fish. AHHH! what a relief.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #10 
MandiceP

My fish are book/movie themed. The book series Inheritance! LOL Well the fist book became a movie, as terrible as it was.... anyways...

My red butterfly DeT is named Bruce Fishinson... so anything Iron Maiden makes me think of him... probably The Trooper most because he is a little trooper! LMAO Anywho, that's what I get for allowing my Husband to name a fish.

My other two, Shruikan and Glaedr, are named for Dragons from Inheritance. I have plans for a few other names from that series as well. I like keeping to themes with a single type of animal... Lol. One of my cats is named for a wrestler, Brutus Beefcake... LMAO We are a creative couple, me and my Hubbs...
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote