Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #1 
betta lover1507

Unhappy oceanist am sorry

well oceanist was in a vase (for one night) so i could clean his tank and remove the fries out of the 5 gal to put oceanist in, he was too close to the heater, his water got too hot it is my fault again, this is my 5th betta gone under a month, so it leaves me with 3 fishies (not including my fry) this is his story:

one day we went to petco, i picked up strawberry my brother pick up oceanist (he wasn't mine at first). so i found this solid white male DT i just had to get him, but i had to let him go (my dream fish) so i let my brother take oceanist. got him home, and you know the drill. he cared for oceanist for one week then started neglecting, cold water, no weekly cleans, not much food. he had been like that for a month, but i and my dad fed him for a week (or more memory fades). got him ready to spawn with strawberry, of course it failed. removed him, i felt bad he had to go back to misery again , but i didn't own him. so of course i put him back. not even a week later, he gained popeye. told my brother give him care, he has a diesease atleast it is not fatal. he said ok, but he didn't do anything . he been like that for a month. and i had a plan first i took him to give a little care, and i will ask for him .
so i took him in for awhile ..... and guess what?! he just gave him to me i don't mean to be like "gahh another fish" i was furious that he gave him up!! he didn't care about oceanist. so i took good care and his popeye lowered down, one time soo low he looked like he had no popeye, but it grew back not as large when i got him. my dad and brother blamed ME for his popeye, since "oh you moved him in too many tanks at one time" i said it couldn't be that it only infects when there is dirty water i said. my dad said he gave him his special water (extra clean used for salt and freshwater mostly salt ), but he didn't clean the tank weekly. i said that it was MY BROTHER'S RESPONSABILITY, NOT YOURS! i fumed at him, my dad only cared for him because he loved oceanist beauty
and they continued to blame me, i ignored it. months and months later, oceanist never got the pop eye to leave felt bad. but you know what happened? ...... he got a female and male this very day. i got pissed off it was like oceanist was nothing, and he just adores his new fish. well not for long, he dosen't clean the tank weekly but he keeps up with the food.

but now oceanist has passed, and my brother still dosen't care even though it was my fault .... he's released of that diesease, am not very sad i feel relieved, not that because he dead, i mean that now he could have hid 20x20 vision that he lost here.

the failed spawn:

i'll miss you little buddy
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 
Badjer

Sorry for your loss...I went through the exact same thing. My brother had two bettas, in a 2.5 divided tank with no heater or decor. Gross water...the whole nine yards. I took his CT, Cornelius to live in my tank and wanted to take the sicker DTHM, Shepherd, too but mom wouldn't let me since my brother paid for him. I cleaned the tank, but he eventually became ill and actually passed away yesterday, one day after my brother agreed to give him up. I'm not sure what he caught, but he was pine coning and losing his slime coat. When he started having spasms I went to go ask mom if I could freeze him to put him out of his misery, but right when I picked the cup up, he took his last breath. When I took him outside to bury him my brother said "Oh he died? Cool.". I was so pissed off...

Anyways, maybe our boys are underneath the Rainbow Bridge together, discussing the ignorance of brothers! (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

oceanist only had one eye, and that eye had bad vision awell :( i feel terrible because i promised myself i would heal oceanist, and my DAD agreed with almost everything of my brother no knowledge words , and my dad owns a 75 gallon reef tank D: he knows better.

and you know what my brother said? he wants to spawn them D:< i storming still. he has nothing, am not giving away nothing to help him, I DON'T CARE NO MORE ,IF HIS FISH DIE OR GET ILL THEY DIE! don't blame me, it is his fault. he infected oceanist, killed skylight, uses my dad to help him since he is 2 and a half years younger, and infected entity (his corn snake) with mouth rot and maybe scale rot D:<

and not blaming anyone (besides my brother) for these causes, sorry i have many things bothering me. also the pinning is called "dropsy" no cure, i had a fish that survived from it though (died later on), and immune (i think). and probably they are talking about the neglection they suffered. but sorry my brother needs to know a lesson
Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettalover, I'm so sorry for your loss and for the problems you're having with your fad and brother. It's not your fault.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

it is my fault i should've turned off the heater he would've been right here if i did.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

drama queen i would like this thread closed...