Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #1 
Laki

Bowser's in town...

Last night I returned my poor fated shrimp :( I feel awful for killing them even though I only had them for 2 days. Poor things, I hate to see things suffer.
The store tested my water, nothing wrong with it. They also didn't have enough shrimp to replace mine, that's okay I told them, I think I'd rather not take my chances on another freak shrimp genocide.
I was with my sister who was there to look for a betta (viking princess) and so we were looking. then I got it. You know, got "it"! I decided I want another betta for sure. This time I couldn't calm that itch.
I finally picked out (after eeny-meeny-miny-mo) a red/blue youngun which is labeled Crowntail but I think there's some Combtail. I'm not sure since I knew his tail looked different from the other one I wanted (a breathtaking cambodian CT) but I decided this one because he was young and I could watch him grow a bit. He's only smaller than Lakitu but not by much- I don't think he's a baby or anything.
I'm headed to school now, be back in 2 hours or so... hee hee hee so you must wait to meet Bowser!! But I warn you, he breathes fireballs!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #2 
VikingPrincess

I think you chose a good one! Pictures!!

I still think it was funny how long we were looking at the bettas!
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

Haha you two are funny.

I have/had 6 shrimp in my sorority, I don't see them so I don't know if they survived or not. It's a cycled tank, so I dunno. I don't get attached to them sadly. But my snails, I love them uber muchly. Congrats on your new boy! Can't wait to see pictures of him. I love me some CTs.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 
Laki

Here's the little sucker <3 All the betta at the store had bloat to some degree. So I got out a pea, thawed it and skinned it and cut it up. That poor thing probably haven't eaten since yesterday at store opening!! He ravaged the thing!! Starved nearly to death (in his words, not mine) Bowser in Nintendo is a big guy, needs his calories!
I want to just feed him all day !! But I won't obviously, but I'm sure he'd eat his AND Lakitu's food!
I came home from school and found the makings of 1 definite bubble nest and another possible one. So, after a while I finally got a good video of him building it :) I think he wants to fertilize my eggs....
Link to the video is here >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMct9nCdQU
Attached Images

Laki is offline   Reply With Quote