Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #91 
Enkil

@Maisy: My sorority girls are sibling from the same spawn and have always lived together. They're quite happy with just the three right now. The two BD girls even sleep together. CMD girl was sleeping near them earlier too. I will be adding to it, but right now they seem fine.

Leonidas is definitely my fish. XD He'll investigate anyone that goes up to his end of the tank, but only really interacts with me. He's such a cute lil thing. He's the only boy eating for me right now. The other two are still adjusting.

Egil is more reserved than the other two right now. He's adjusting to his new home and shows how pretty he is when he does come out.

Odin is such a character! He's nice and active when not in his turtle. Always has his fins nice and spread to show off just how pretty he is. Loves his reflection and plays in the current from the filter. Loves to watch Mary work when she does.

Freydis and the other BD girl have been sleeping VERY close together. They didn't wake for breakfast, the silly things. My CMD girl did and got fed. She's a bit of a character. She'll come out and stare at me from time to time.
They're still adjusting to their new home. I kind of favor the smallest girl. She is adorable and will hover there staring at me for as long as I'll sit there watching her in return.

Hannibal seems to think he needs to win my affections. XD He has another big bubble nest going and wiggles frantically at me every time I am close to his tank. I still watch him when I take breaks from putting things away. When I go downstairs, I stop and watch the new fish. Hannibal is still the biggest character right now. XD Gobbled up his breakfast today as though I was starving him and then tried to beg more from me. Silly thing.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #92 
Enkil

Water Change Day

That's right! Today is water change day!

So all 3 tanks have had a wc today so the 10 gals are on the same schedule as the 3.5 gal.
Both 10 gals have also been moved upstairs to our new space.

The girls:
They are more active since the wc. Smallest girl looks like she may settle down for a nap. Freydis and CMD girl are scavenging for any missed food. XD They're so cute.

The boys:
Leonidas was quite perky the whole ordeal. Slightly less so now. My little tough guy. He got worked up at one point and flared. Gorgeous!
Egil took it all in stride. He is now happily napping.
Odin... Well, Odin was listless throughout the process. He's still listless. Lays on the bottom, mostly on his side. Not gasping though. He does seem to have to put forth quite the effort to come up for a breath though and then lets himself sink back to the bottom.

Hannibal:
He got very upset over his wc, as usual. XD Always such a character. He did not like losing water. Nor was he happy when water was put back in. Silly thing.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #93 
Shirleythebetta

I'd keep an eye on Odin. Sounds like he isn't feeling well. Good news for me. Funny story too. I got married today. The funny part is we didn't realize it was on leap year day which means it's only the 29th every four years :D My new mother-in-law says, "good that means I only have to get you a gift every four years!"
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #94 
Enkil

lol Well, congrats! Sounds very exciting. And what a day to pick! XD

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him. I'm such a worrier that there's no way that I couldn't.

Right now I'm watching my girls trying to scavenge about their tank. XD I keep trying to tell them that they ate it all, but they wont listen. Silly things. I have decided to call the copper marble dragon Lolth. Posted up more pics of them in their photo thread. The boys were not cooperating with me as far as photos go. I'll attach the one of Lolth lurking to this post.

Egil is sleeping for the most part.
Leonidas has settled down. I think he's kind of worn himself out with all the activity today.
Odin is resting.
My girls are very active.

You should have seen Hannibal earlier! I had to float Lolth in his tank for a moment so I could grab the other two girls. He started flaring up a storm and showing off and blowing bubbles! He was so cute.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #95 
Enkil

Everyone is eating!

That's right. Everyone is now eating. A shocker? Hannibal has eaten his first pellet! Shocking and amazing. Our picky boy is now on the right path.

Tomorrow I do some more shopping for the babies. Frozen foods will be one thing bought. Also going to start eying some new tanks and other things.

Odin looks adorable with his full little tummy. He's much more active today. Coming out to see me when I'm near/walking by the tank. He's so pretty! I found a camera while unpacking things. It needs a new battery. Hopefully it will let me get better pics.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #96 
tpocicat

I would LOVE to see new pics of the whole gang!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #97 
Enkil

Have some up in my albums. The girls have newer pics up. Can't wait to take new pics of my boys.

Just did exorcize time with the boys. Leonidas was very angry at his reflection. Flared like a champ. Odin flared a little. Egil didn't participate. Hannibal was out for blood it seemed...

It's nice to see Odin nice and active again. He's adorable and love to watch him. He has so much tail!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #98 
Enkil

Went shopping today. ^_^

Got some new decorations and the live plants are now in. So I count today as a very good day.
I also bought frozen bloodworms and frozen daphnia. So they'll have some yummy treats.

Everyone is doing great now. Everyone is eating and healthy. Freydis has almost caught up to Lolth in size. My third girl is still nameless. Have to get her a name.

Saw a gorgeous crowntail while at Pet Co today. She complimented Hannibal's colors. She was a very vibrant blue-purple. I was surprised that she looked so healthy when right next to her were 2 cups that each held a dead male. :( It was very sad to see.
The also had double tail males for the first time. Five of them. One was this very beautiful black and another was a blue-black.

PetSmart also had some double tails. They also had some oranges and a couple yellows. They looked so healthy that I can't help but wonder if they got them from a local breeder. They are now also carrying dragon scales. All of them looked to be HM and HMPK. One caught my eye and I nearly bought it but it was so little that I couldn't tell if it was male or female.

So quite the interesting day so far.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #99 
Enkil

So the day has started. My sinuses are acting up badly. At least, I hope it's only my sinuses. x_x Kacey is also feeling under the weather though.

Feeding time this morning was entertaining. Fed everyone their tiny little NLS pellets. The girls greeted me, knowing it would be feeding time when I went to their tank.
Leonidas and Odin were right on top of things as well. Love to see their cute little faces watching me. They ate like champs. Then I fed Odin who only realized it was breakfast time once food was in the water. XD Silly thing. Then he showed off for me. <3

Hannibal has been nice and lively the last few days. He is now off of freeze dried bloodworms! He eats the NLS pellets like a real champ. Hoping I can graduate him up to bigger pellets soon, but I'm not going to push it too hard. I think the fact that he is now on pellets is a real victory.

I have frozen bloodworms and daphnia waiting in my freezer for treats. Have yet to decide what day I'll do them. It'll be a new experience for me and I'm kind of looking forward to it. Hopefully they fish like it. XD
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #100 
Enkil

Dinner was interesting with the fish. XD

I thawed out a little daphnia and a few bloodworms. I fed them to everyone. Everyone was quick to eat.

Lolth backed down to Freydis wich is an interesting development for my sorority. Lolth was top girl. Freydis was second and my unnamed girl was bottom of the totem pole. It was odd to see Freydis flare at Lolth and have her back down.
They did gobble up their treat though. All three of them.

Leonidas wasn't sure what was going on at first. He then gobbled up his food.
Odin was right on top of things. None of his food was safe for long. XD
Egil was very lively for his dinner. All happy wiggles.

Hannibal is nice and full. Seems he has decided to no longer be a picky eater. Makes me happy because now I know he'll live a longer healthier life.