Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #111 
Shirleythebetta

Hubby says he likes Eva for that personality. He says it means black as night in latin?! I never knew he knew anything like that... :/
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #112 
Enkil

Eva. I like it. ^_^ Tell him that I say thank you. ^_^

I love my babies. Even Lolth, the grumpy one. XD
I keep eying them, trying to play match maker. Lolth is pretty, but I worry that she might be too aggressive.
Leonidas can see the girls and has built a small bubble nest. >>
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #113 
Shirleythebetta

So is Eva a winner? lol. he is a creative guy with names. My name is Ariel and he wants to name our first daughter Aria which is latin for my name. He named my chocolate half moon charlie (charlie and the chocolate factory) we have captain america and red skull and flash and superman. he wants a green betta now for the green hornet. Yes he's a marvel geek but I love it. I'm glad that you got blessed with such a good group. I am sure by the time breeding comes you will know their personality's a bit better and be able to make the perfect match.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #114 
Enkil

Eva is definitely a winner.
So I have Eva, Freydis and Lolth for girls. Then Leonidas, Egil, and Odin for boys.

Leonidas is my favorite. I think that if I chose Lolth, he'd be the male I'd use.
Egil seems to be my more gentle natured boy so I think I could pair him with Eva.
Odin and Freydis are both in the middle with temperaments.

But still. Will most likely just wait until I have everything completely ready to make a decision..
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #115 
Shirleythebetta

Thats a good idea. take your time and choose. i want to breed one day but I am not ready yet. I have a lot to learn still about the care of the baby's and such.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #116 
Enkil

I have just about everything I need. Plants is being a problem though. All the plants that the local PetCo had looked like they were dieing. The PetSmart didn't have variety. All they really had that is recommended for fully aquatic was the anubias which I got a couple of. I'll keep on looking though and was pointed towards a store in Portland so I'll have to go give them a look. See if I can get what I want there.

Right now Lolth is watching me and trying to tell me that it is feeding time. XD She's my little piggie but she's so darn cute! It is dinner time for all of them though so I'm off to do a round of feeding.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #117 
Shirleythebetta

me too it's blood worm night. Yumz!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #118 
Enkil

All my finned friends are doing very well. We had a small tailbitting incident after the water change using the gravel vac... But everyone is doing much better now. Tail biting has stopped. Everyone is growing and looking so healthy! It's great.

In other news, I'm getting a puppy! Going to train him to be my psychiatric service dog. He's adorable and only 3 weeks old right now. He'll be ready to come home the day after my b-day. Such a great birthday gift to myself!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #119 
Shirleythebetta

Thats wonderful. Dogs are awesome but a sevice dog? How neat. I have three dogs in my house and it's wonderful therapy. I would lose it without my 70 pound lapdog lol. He is an Aussie shepard mix and is a big fuzzy baby. He is always with me and protecting me. Better security than a man. Shh! Don't tell my husband.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #120 
tpocicat

Service dogs are wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote