Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #121 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^

Two of my girls look like they're getting eggy. They've been surfing and hanging out on the side where they can see Leonidas. Put up a "partisan" so they can't see each other any more. Leonidas has a huge bubble nest made. I'm not ready for breeding though. Pitty since it seems three of my pretties are. XD

Other than that, not much is going on. I'm really sick though. It's slowing me down quite a bit. Not that the girls seem to mind. They gather at feeding time and are very enthusiastic about eating. It's good to see. They're also just very active now. I can always see them swimming about. Eva, my smallest girls, isn't as timid as she used to be.
Leonidas is quite the cutie. He's always strutting for me.
Odin is more reserved. Pitty as he's so pretty.
Egil has perked up so much! I can always find him swimming about. He gets very excited to see me, fanning out his fins. I'm in love his coloration!
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #122 
tpocicat

I'm sorry you're sick, I'm FINALLY getting over a bad cold and asthema, so I can sympathize. I know that watching and feeding my bettas always helps me feel better, even when sick.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #123 
Enkil

I think I have a sinus infection. >_<

My pretties are doing well though. Everyone is healthy and getting along. Not having any aggression with my sorority.
My sorority tank is a bit cloudy though. Not sure why. Going to do a cleaning tonight to see if this helps. Plus I'm doing a few extra cleanings a week right now while the boys heal from their tail biting incident.

Very excited about getting my puppy. The breeder takes a lot of pictures so I get to watch him grow. He's so cute! I can hardly wait to be able to bring him home! So excited.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #124 
tpocicat

Puppies are a lot of work, but so much fun! What breed are you getting?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #125 
tpocicat

How are you doing?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #126 
Enkil

Well, I had typed up this big update... Then it vanished. -_- I'll try again in a little while.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #127 
tpocicat

Sorry to hear that...I was just getting worried because I hadn't heard from you in quite awhile.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #128 
Enkil

Let's try this update again. lol

Hannibal:
His dorsal fin looks fantastic. It's grown back so nicely since the incident. Seems to still be growing too, so I think he's going to end up with a long one. Looks healthier than it ever did before so I'm now convinced that he was sick when we bought him. Not surprising. His tail has more crowning now. He bites it from time to time lately now that I'm staying downstairs with the puppy. Every time it grows back in, the crowning is more noticeable. He's still quite the character and wiggles at me.

Odin:
Odin has forgiven the turtle incident... But not without tearing at his beautiful tail. A shame really. He also seems picky on what he will and will not eat. He'll only eat maybe two teeny tiny pellets per feeding. He likes frozen daphnia and will only eat one frozen blood worm per feeding. Never before have I seen a betta do this.

Egil:
His colors are so vibrant! He's doing so well. He did give me a scare with the last water change though. I checked on them a little while after finishing their wc only to find that Egil was no longer in his section. Apparently, when I put the dividers back in, the one separating him from Leonidas didn't get in just right. He was in Leonidas's section. Leonidas was stalking him from above. I quickly scooped Egil out with my hand and put him back where he belonged. Fixed the divider and then I did a survey to see if any damage had been done. He was fine.

Leonidas:
He seems to be both my fighter and my lover. He flares whenever I want him to. Once I have my new battery for my camera there will be new pictures. He also builds these really lovely bubble nests. Big thick ones. For the last wc, his water temp in the holding container was dropping really fast so I had to float him in the sorority. Freydis and Lolth couldn't get enough of him. He flared at them. Lolth flirted. Freydis alternated between flaring back and flirting. I now have 2 eggy females.

Freydis:
Now queen of the tank. She is the dominant one. She is now slightly bigger than Lolth. She's eggy right now so it makes her look even bigger. XD Other than that, nothing seems to really faze her. Takes everything in stride. Her dragoning is even better than when I bought her it seems.

Lolth:
My poor Lolth. Eva sends her into panics at least once a day it seems. After an episode, she hides for at least an hour. Still lurks in the shadows of her barrels even though she no longer rules the tank.

Eva:
She has quite the quirk. She gets air much like a dolphin, darting like a torpedo to the surface and skipping along it for 2 breathes. When doing this, she sometimes hits Lolth which sends Lolth darting off in a panic to hide for at least an hour. She's still the smallest, but growing. She's just growing slower than the other two. Shows no interest at all in the males even when Leonidas was floating in the sorority.

Puppy!:
Will be 8 weeks on Monday. He is a pocket American Bully. Going to be getting his papers and everything. I need to fix him, but even then there are some shows now that I can enter him into should I want to. He's going to be trained as my service dog. Right now he can't go anywhere because parvo is going around the valley. He wont be protected against it until 10 weeks. He does have a slight advantage though, his mother had and survived parvo so she has slight immunities to it in her immune system that she would have passed on to the pups. He's a black brindle but his black seems to be turning blue in some places. Drove over 3 hours one way to get him.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #129 
Enkil

Also...

Beginning to think very seriously about breeding my bettas. Been watching them as they grow. All three females are pretty well balanced when it comes to finage. The exception is that Lolth has slightly longer ventral fins.

My boys are all lovely. Leonidas seems the most ready for breeding though Egil is a bit bigger.

My choices of color are:
Boys - black dragon or red dragon (with black fin edging)
Girls - black dragon or copper marble dragon

Going to slowly get my supplies together while I debate who to try together.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #130 
swatid99

aww that is the cutest thing.. when I wake up, i see my blue betta staring at me. It's creepy.. i wonder how long he's been staring and what he's thinking LOL
swatid99 is offline   Reply With Quote