Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #141 
Enkil

Ok, I am slowly preparing for breeding. Doing so slowly so that I don't miss anything. My boys are regrowing their fins after tail biting and an escape, so I am using that time to get all of my supplies together.

Those of you who follow my journal will get to help me pick which pair to go with. Though Eva is small, I have been told that this will not hurt her breeding chances. It may make my spawns smaller though.
For my girls I have: Black dragon, Black dragon who is marbling, and a copper marble dragon. Three different colors to choose from.
For my boys I have: 2 Black dragons, and a Red dragon.

Girls:
Lolth - Her anal is a bit long. She has good rays and branching though. Her color is good and her dragon scaling is strong. She is my copper marble dragon.
Freydis - Black dragon. Good rays and branching. Pretty balanced finnage.
Eva - Black dragon who is marbling. Balanced. Only real down side with her is her smaller size, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Boys:
Odin - Black dragon. His dragon scales have covered his eyes slightly. Makes it harder for him to see, but he still can. Switched his food to bigger brighter pellets and he seems to see them just fine now.
Leonidas - Black dragon with a purple sheen in the right light. Lovely, full fins.
Egil - Red dragon. Only a small thin line doen his back doesn't have dragon scales. Vibrant red on his fins with edging the same silvery-chrome as his body.

I'll try to get more pictures of them soon. I have their newest pics in my albums on here and in a thread in the pictures forum titled Picture day. I'll continue taking pictures of the boys as they heal and will try my best to get some good ones of the girls.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #142 
Shirleythebetta

Can't wait!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #143 
Enkil

Thanks. ^_^

I have now added more pictures of my girls to my albums and the Picture day thread from yesterday. You can really see how Eva is marbling in them. This weekend I plan on taking more and some comparison pics of my girls to show the size differences.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #144 
tpocicat

I love looking at Betta pics. Can't wait.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #145 
Enkil

Here are a couple shots of Eva. I took them last night and the day before. She was being very photogenic for me.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #146 
tpocicat

She's beautiful! Is she platinum white or dragon?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #147 
Enkil

She's a dragon like her sisters. When I got her, she was a black dragon. She's starting to marble now though. Makes all 3 of my girls different colors. XD
Freydis - Black Dragon
Lolth - Copper Marble Dragon
Eva - Black Marble Dragon
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #148 
tpocicat

Sooo beautiful! I love dragons. Of course I seem to love all betta types LOL
Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #149 
Enkil

lol
All 6 of my HMs are dragons of some color. Two of the boys (Leonidas and Odin) are black dragons. One boy (Egil) is a red dragon. Then my girls add another black dragon, copper marble dragon, and black marble dragon to the mix.

I'm looking to get new girls. Maybe a new pair since I'm getting more tanks. May pick up a platinum white female.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #150 
Enkil

Yay!
I totally fogot that I had birthday money left to spend. XD So either tonight or tomorrow, I'll be going into town. I'll most likely pick up my 10 gal kit for moving one of my boys into and splitting it between him and some new boy yet to be found and purchased. XD
I'll also pick up that female if she's still there. I really like her and still hate the fact I ended up leaving without her the other day.

Next month I'll be getting my nice big tank for breeding. Gonna hit my pocket, but $114 gets me a 29 gal tank with hood, light, filter with cartridge, adjustable heater, strip thermometer (though will most likely get a different one), 6" net, food sample, water conditioner sample, bacteria starter sample.
Then all I need to do is finish getting my plants and fry food. My boys are already on a high protein diet to regrow fins and I have 2 eggy females that are ready to breed. Warmer weather is coming too.