Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #151 
Shirleythebetta

I think Eva is lovely. They all are but she has that long slender body shape.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #152 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^ She has turned into my pride and joy really. I adore her and absolutely love to sit and watch her. She's so entertaining.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #153 
Shirleythebetta

It's nice to have them. I really enjoy looking at them myself. It helps to relax me. My orange tailed cambodian female is my fav to watch.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #154 
Enkil

Well, I went back to Petsmart tonight. Had to get some food for Fenris. While I was there, I took a chance. I just had to take a look to see if the female I had looked at the other day was still there. She was! She is now floating in my sorority. Posted up a thread for her in the pictures forum.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #155 
Enkil

Well, I have now been told that the "female" I so fell in love with and now bought is not a female at all! It seems that "she" is in fact a male dragon PK! Can't say that I'm not disappointed, but still. Had hoped to be adding this one to the sorority. Now seems that the new tank to be set up for Leonidas and another will be for Leonidas and this new one. Either way, this is one pretty fish. Has shown to be platinum white (seemingly), blue, and purple. Looks to be a marble under the dragonscaling.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #156 
Enkil

Going to attach a pic of my new boy to this post.

He's doing well in his temporary home. New tank is cycling at the moment. I'll be splitting it with him and Leonidas.
He flared in a beautiful display. Seems that he has a thing for my little Eva. He looks absolutely gorgeous flaring. I wish he was more comfortable so that I could get a picture of it. He just looks far more stunning when he flares. His colors are even coming out more. He looks great.

Also going to be ordering some new plants. Not about to tell the other half just how much I'll be spending, but entirely worth it. Especially since some will be for my spawning tank. Including some java moss and multiple others. I'll make sure to take quite a few pictures of new set ups when fake plants are removed and real ones put in. Going to be getting a new camera this coming week. Possibly tomorrow. So there will then be picture spam.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #157 
tpocicat

He's beautiful! Of course as he becomes more comfortable, more of his color will come out and he will be even better.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #158 
Enkil

I'm already in love with him. ^_^ I love the white dragon scaling he has. He really stands out from my others. The blue and purple marbling shows through just enough to be eye catching. And his ventrals! They're so bright that they always grab my attention.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #159 
Shirleythebetta

He is lovely. I automatically thought girl when I saw him. It will be interesting to watch him grow a little.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #160 
Enkil

As you know, I bought him thinking he was female. XD
Him being male is fine with me though. The other tank I'll use for him and Leonidas is cycling. It'll be ready soon. He seems content in his temporary home for the moment. Gwynfor seems very interested in Eva. If he were larger, I'd be tempted to use him with my first spawn. He'd be a wild card, but it would certainly be interesting. He isn't bigger, however.

Something is up with Leonidas. Red coloring showing up on his anal fin and tail. Don't know what to make of it really. Made a thread about it to try to get some opinions. I'm really not sure why the red showed up or if it should be there.

Only one of my males has a bubblenest built right now and that is Gwynfor. It's really odd for at least Leonidas to not have one. Not at all sure what to make of it, but it's just one day and males don't always blow nests so I'm not too worried.