Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #161 
Enkil

Me too.

And watching How I Met Your Mother got me thinking....
Haven't really shared this on here, but had a very bad time last year that I'm not sure I've gotten over much. I was engaged to this guy that I thought was wonderful. He accepted all of who I am. Issues and all. Always went out of his way to help and comfort. Delt with me taking things out on him that had nothing to do with him. Didn't even get upset when he'd take me out and my issues made us have to leave. Treated my daughter as though she were his own. So did his family...
Well, last year, he lied to me. Quite the huge lie really. Told me that his grandfather was in the hospital, possibly dieing. That his family wanted him to come home. I questioned, but not much. I just kinda accepted it... Turns out, he was leaving to go to Florida to some girl he had never met. He kept up the act for days, calling and everything. I didn't find out what had happened until days later by accident.
He left saying he would be back for Easter. He had no intentions of coming back. Was very angry at first and left a very, very message on his phone... Called a day or so later and apologized to his voice mail. Said I understood why he did it, cause I did, and that I hoped he found what he was looking for.
She wasn't it. He's back home. We're talking again. Now I'm not sure that I'm over him. At all. He's on my mind constantly. Meh. End of my rant I suppose.

Anyways, Fenris is doing well. Sleeping off a big play time.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #162 
tpocicat

Some males never make bubble nests, I don't know why. Maybe Leonides has a little marble in him?
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #163 
Enkil

I suppose it is possible. I mean, Eva is marbling and their sister that I bought with them is a copper marble. Plus Egil is a red. So I'm just not sure. Keeping a very close watch on him. Even more so than normal. Just don't want to take any chances with any of them. I'm really attached to them and I'm not sure what I'd do if something happened to them.

I think I'll do another water change tonight when Devon gets home just to be safe. Their water tests fine, but I'm a worrier. Rather be safe than sorry, you know? He's my favorite but I love them all. I get really attached to my pets. I talk to them. A couple even seem to listen. XD Eva, Leonidas, and Egil will float there watching me as I talk to them.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #164 
tpocicat

I totally understand better safe than sorry. I hope everything turns out OK, and there isn't anything wrong. After all, red is a very dominant color in bettas, so I just hope that is all it is.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #165 
Shirleythebetta

I could be redwash. I have had quite a few that get into clean water and get redwash.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #166 
Enkil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
Me too.

And watching How I Met Your Mother got me thinking....
Haven't really shared this on here, but had a very bad time last year that I'm not sure I've gotten over much. I was engaged to this guy that I thought was wonderful. He accepted all of who I am. Issues and all. Always went out of his way to help and comfort. Delt with me taking things out on him that had nothing to do with him. Didn't even get upset when he'd take me out and my issues made us have to leave. Treated my daughter as though she were his own. So did his family...
Well, last year, he lied to me. Quite the huge lie really. Told me that his grandfather was in the hospital, possibly dieing. That his family wanted him to come home. I questioned, but not much. I just kinda accepted it... Turns out, he was leaving to go to Florida to some girl he had never met. He kept up the act for days, calling and everything. I didn't find out what had happened until days later by accident.
He left saying he would be back for Easter. He had no intentions of coming back. Was very angry at first and left a very, very message on his phone... Called a day or so later and apologized to his voice mail. Said I understood why he did it, cause I did, and that I hoped he found what he was looking for.
She wasn't it. He's back home. We're talking again. Now I'm not sure that I'm over him. At all. He's on my mind constantly. Meh. End of my rant I suppose.

Anyways, Fenris is doing well. Sleeping off a big play time.
It placed this funny when I posted it. >>

Was told that it sounds like Leonidas is just changing color like Eva did. I'll still keep an eye on him though. Will also pay attention to his "racing stripe" to see if it's red wash or if he may get some marble to him.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #167 
Shirleythebetta

About the guy, don't trust that please. Don't trust a liar. They are all the same. This is almost the same thing that caused my first marriage to fail. He left for Germany (in the army) and a couple months later I find out he hooked up with an M.P. while I was at home struggling to make it.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #168 
Enkil

Yeah. It's just me being stupid and I know it. Just hurts, you know? I mean, he knew everything about my problems/issues/past. I do mean everything. We talk here and there now and it helps lighten my mood sometimes.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #169 
Shirleythebetta

Yes but he could be telling you fibs again to get to your emotional side. Here's my story with the same type.

He marry's me and leaves for germany. I am left alone with no job or money to support myself. He doesn't help with bills (I was sick with thyroid issues) and he calls me drunk one night. I hear a girl in the backround telling him how good he looks in the shirt he is wearing and they are in his room. He comes home 6 months later (didn't talk the whole time) and doesnt tell me he is back in the states. He calls me up and I imediatly fell into bed with him like a moron. He leaves me again. Calls me a year later drunk again. And tell me he left the girl he was with and was coming home to me. I fell for it again and he never showed up. I waited over an hour. He went back to her. Needless to say I had enough. A man will tell you whatever he needs to to get to your emotional side. This is how we get tricked back into a bad situation. Just don't fall for the crap and keep how you feel hid. Just because he handles your crazyness well means nothing. So did my ex husband. He could disarm me better than anyone could during a fit and sadly, he could handle it better than my current husband can. I will always have feelings for him but I had to realize that my feelings were one sided and I was being used as a cushion when he had no one else. As soon as someone else was in the picture he was out of there. Don't fall for it.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 04-26-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #170 
Enkil

I wont. I can't go through that again and I absolutely refuse to put my daughter through that. She deserves so much better. She still hasn't quite gotten over him leaving. He had promised her he would be back. She was only 3 but still. She sometimes starts talking about him out of nowhere. She's adopted Devon as "Daddy" but I know she misses my ex. So I make sure not to talk about him around her.

In other news, got a new camera yesterday. Loving it so far. Figured out the zoom today. XD