Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #171 
Shirleythebetta

new camera's rock!

Kids remember more than people give them credit for. I am 25 and I still remember stuff from when I was a kid. I told my mother these memories and she confirmed they were real and they happened when I was 1-3 years old. I even told her what the house trailer we lived in looked like. We have no pics of it really and I was 9 months old when we moved out. so yea, I have a good long term memory but no short term xD
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #172 
Enkil

I remember stuff from when I was a toddler too. My mother keeps saying that Kacey will forget and move on. Not that I put much stock in her opinion since she didn't even raise me. So I'm just going to support the lil one and do right by her. Men come and go. If they leave, they aren't worth the time of day.

I got some nice pics using the new phone though. Going to attach a couple of them. I'm loving it! It actually shows Gwynfor's true colors!
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #173 
Enkil

My freezer killed my frozen foods. -_- Frozen daphnia and frozen blood worms both got freeze dried. Was so angry when I found out the freezer over did it's job. Was using those and other things to condition so now I have to get a new supply. Thinking about getting some live cultures so that this doesn't happen again. Very super angry with the freezer. I raged for about an hour and a half.

Planning on getting some new live plants. Ordering them online since the local stores don't carry what I want/need. Looking to get my hands on java moss in particular. Going to need it for my spawning/grow out tank. Not sure how Devon is going to feel about me paying as much as I'm going to for the tank, but it comes with nearly everything that I need. Even comes with a heater. Going to need to find a sponge filter and some IAL though. Also having trouble finding a glass chimney. So I'm wondering if there is a nice alternative to using that..?

The issue of what the fry will eat the first few days is also a question in my mind. Not sure how much plant life I'll need to make sure they have enough to eat. I worry about these things a lot. Want to do everything right. Or at least as right as I can.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #174 
Shirleythebetta

yes protect that precious little girl! too bad about the food and wish I knew more about breeding to help you.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #175 
tpocicat

If you have a sponge filter, it will have microscopic things for the fry to eat. You can get a jar and put old lettuce or grass in it and fill it with water. Leave it in the sun for a few days, and you will have lots of green water for the fry.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #176 
Enkil

Just have to find a sponge filter then. Lettuce is easy enough to come by. Does it have to be old lettuce or can I just use it once it's bought? We go through a lot of lettuce in this house. XD Lots of salads. Sometimes they have bacon. Yum.

tpocicat - Can I float a female in the spawning tank instead of using the glass chimney? I just can't seem to get my hands on one. And would I just out that green water into the tank with the fry?

Not going to tell Devon how much the tank will cost me. XD I doubt he'd make a fuss about it but still. He's said he wants to get me a late birthday present, so I'm going to go ahead and let him buy me some of my plants. He keeps asking about them and how much they are, so I might as well indulge him.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #177 
tpocicat

Actually any plants will do. It doesn't matter if it's fresh or not, just once it gets slimy, take it out and replace as long as you need insuforia.
I use the cup one of my bettas came in when introducing a female for spawning. I can't find a chimney either LOL.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #178 
Enkil

lol Those dang chimneys are hard to come by on this side of the country, huh? If I was back home in NY, I'd be able to find one without a problem. For cheap! I plan on going back to visit my Gram (who raised me and hasn't been doing well) at some point this summer. I might just hunt down a few and bring them back with me. I have a 3 way breeder I could use for introduction for now. Nice and safe and they'd be sharing the same water.

Yay for slimy plants. XD
The plants I want that I'm going to let Devon get me are for my live plants. I need some java moss. I can't really find any around here and I was pointed to a site that has nice deals. Loving their deals and bundles/packages.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #179 
Enkil

In a good mood. I've picked out three new fish to add to my collection. Devon is unaware of this so far. XD I'll either tell him later today or when I gove him the money to pay for them. lol He just kinda shrugs it off when I decide to get them, so I know that he doesn't mind. Right now I'm looking at a pair along with a purple/pink HM female. Might get more to go with my order or I may order more from them later when they have more ready/available. ^_^ Loving their breeders and the female I picked out.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #180 
Shirleythebetta

omg! I had to jump on here and tell you. I just did the same thing you did with thinking a boy was a girl! I just 5 minutes ago removed a lady who flared just a little bit to big... whoops