Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #181 
Enkil

lol Happens, I guess. We get pretty boys out of it though. XD

So excited about my new babies. Can't wait until I have them sent to me. Getting new ones is always really exciting for me. Lifts my spirits.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #182 
Shirleythebetta

It was funny. I had him in the sorority and just poked my nose over there to look at how the newbies were doing and boom! He looked dead at me and flared as big as he could. :) congrats on the new babies. I got my first drangonscale a couple days ago....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #183 
tpocicat

I love it when I expecting a new betta. Just like Christmas!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #184 
Enkil

I'm addicted to my dragons. I love them.
The new ones I've decided on aren't dragons though. Picked out a very lovely purple/pink female. She's gorgeous. Then there's a pair. Haven't seen them yet, but I have faith. ^_^

It really is a lot like Christmas! I absolutely love getting new pretties. Waiting for them once they are in the mail is a bit anxiety inducing though. It really worries me that they'll get lost or some other such thing while in the mail.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #185 
Enkil

Alright my dear readers, final preparations are being made!
I am shooting to breed in June. My spawning/grow out tank will be 29 gallons. Heater is included with the tank. So is a filter. Not sure where to get a sponge filter. That's the part that is holding me off.

When the time gets closer, I'll make an official decision on which pair to go with. Right now, I'm leaning towards using Eva. She has good balance and a beautiful 180 spread. Besides, she has such a great personality.
The male that will be used, I'm definitely not sure of. Egil has a wonderful color. Leonidas now has a red wash. Odin's dragon scaling is beautiful. Gwynfor's dragonscaling and color beneath are stunning.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #186 
Shirleythebetta

try aquariumguys.com. they usually have some good deals.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #187 
Enkil

Wow. They have a lot of stuff. XD What kind of powerhead would it need though?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #188 
Shirleythebetta

hmmm dunno.... I do like the aquariumguys though. They are reasonable with standard shippin rates no matter the size of the order. I bought like.... 30 dollars worth of stuff (including shipping) I would have paid 50 for at petsmart. They also respond to questions you may have about their equipment. The only thing they don't sell is anything alive :)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #189 
Enkil

Hmm. I'll have to make an inquiry about what kind of powerhead I'd need to use then. That's the only part I'm questioning.

In other news... Gwynfor is a bubble nest making machine. XD Never fails, he always has one going. Very diligent about making sure it stays there too. He tends to it all day.

Leonidas is also keeping up on his bubble nests.

I tore apart the tank with Leonidas, Egil, and Odin the other day. I didn't feel it was getting clean enough and it didn't seem like fins were healing properly despite my frequent water changes and tending. Turns out that something was going on with the filter and things were much dirtier than they should have been. Cleaned absolutely everything including the gravel and tank itself. Going to look into getting different mesh for the dividers and see if that was part of the problem.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #190 
Enkil

Got Gwynfor in his new home today. Everything is holding stable now. So I did a rearrange and water change. Then added him. He's checking everything out now. Posted a thread in the pics section with pictures of the setup and him in it.