Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #211 
Enkil

Might be getting some new lovelies! Waiting to hear back from the person. The fish I looked at are absolutely gorgeous! Have my fingers crossed. I'd really like to get them and give them a nice loving home. <3
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #212 
tpocicat

That sounds great! Best of luck with all your fish, and especially with the new ones you're trying to get.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #213 
Enkil

Heard back from her today! We're talking price and everything right now. Deciding on how much of what she has I want and when she needs them rehomed by. So very excited! She sent me a picture of one of the boys I would be getting. Going to attach that to this post.
Looking at about 20 new fish plus tanks and IAL.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #214 
Enkil

Yay!
Been talking with her all day. Have worked something out it seems. I'm so excited now! Going to be getting some very lovely fish. As soon as they are here, I'll be taking lots of pictures of them and of my current lovelies. Will be keeping updates on them all. This makes me completely rethink my spawning plans. Going to wait until I have the new ones here to sit back and plan out my first spawn. I will have to think about getting a female for one of the boys though as he's a giant. My girls may be big, but they aren't that big. XD
Old 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #215 
tpocicat

Congratulations on your new fish. I just got 3 new ones from Martinismommy and 2 others I bought at the betta show in N. California. At the moment, I think my betta ranks are full. Of course that could change at any time LOL!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #216 
Enkil

I told Devon that it will be a while before I buy more after this. lol He seemed happy to agree to it when I told him that. I'm so very excited! I've started cleaning and rearranging everything, picturing where I'll put new tanks. Thinking that I'll put one over by Gwynfor's tank. Not completely sure about that yet though. I'll decide after I get things put away and rearranged more.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #217 
Enkil

Did a water change yesterday on all 4 tanks. Egil has attacked his tail again, so the divided 10 gal will get cleaned again tomorrow. I want to make sure the water stays nice and clean to get him healing. Was going to do it Sat, but we have plans. So going to do it a day early rather than a day late.

Rearranged the sorority again. Try to do so every time I do a water change. So far, this has helped keep the peace. I'll be putting at least 1 more girl in there soon. Going to get them more plants again. Hopefully they wont die on me again. Thinking about more water wisteria. Freydis seems to really like it. Plus I like the way it looks floating at the top.

Gwynfor is an odd little thing. He knows I feed him. Greets me sometimes even. Begs for food... Yet he usually lets the pellets sink before eating them! Such a weird little guy. I have to admit though... it is entertaining to sit here and watch him hunt for the sunken pellets.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #218 
tpocicat

I have a new male that begs for food EXCEPT for when it's feeding time! Then he waits in the back of his tank and eats later, such a funny guy.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #219 
Enkil

That seems to be what Gwynfor is doing. XD It amuses me really. Watching him hunt for his food is oddly relaxing. I'll lay on the bed so my head is at the foot of it and watch him.

I've been having some issues lately. My medicines have changed. I was just on one. That has had the dosage increased and now I'm on a second as well. These are for depression, PTSD, and anxiety. The second one was added to tie up with the first and improve the effects. Don't like the fact that one has a side effect of sedation while the other has a side effect of making you wired. As I wasn't sleeping before, had hoped that the medicines would help. I do get a little more sleep, but that isn't say much really. They're thinking of adding a third to combat/eliminate my flashback nightmares. Not so sure that I'll agree to that. I think the two is all I'll go for. After all, Fenris helps combat the flashback nightmares.

My sorority is still doing well. Very thankful for that. I know how it is not the ideal setup at present. With only three females, there is a huge risk that it will crash. It also needs more cover since so much of the water wisteria died off on me. I still have a little of it left floating in both the sorority and Gwynfor's tanks. I'm hoping that what is left continues to do well.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #220 
Enkil

Have not been feeling well. Also been feeling rather off still. So I've been spending a lot of time watching my lovelies. Especially the girls and Gwynfor since both tanks are easily seen from the bed. XD They manage to brighten my day a little.