Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #221 
Shirleythebetta

The medication changes can be a bear huh? I think my Psychologist is going to start weaning me off of this one and putting me on a new one. Kind of nervous about that. I don't want my panic attacks to start again.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #222 
Enkil

I wish this combination would take care of my panic attacks. >_< I'm getting kind of sick of them and these medications. I can't sleep without taking them and yet I can't sleep while taking them! It's so frustrating! I've been in a bit of a foul mood lately... Perhaps this is why. I'll have to bring it up and see what they want to do. I really don't like it. Hopefully it either gets better or they change things. Also not liking how they seem to be aggravating my 24/7 migraine more than the average day to day things do.

Having the fish makes things a bit better. They help me relax. They take my mind off things. I'm not quite sure what I'd do without them or Fenris. My sweet little puppy lets me hold him whenever I need to. I love it. He's so helpful. Very loving. We're working on teaching him proper manners. He doesn't really rough house with my little one, but the room mate has his two this weekend and it's been a different story. He got excited about new people and jumped, scratching the leg of the older of the two. I feel really bad about it. He hasn't done something like that before really.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #223 
Shirleythebetta

omg my terrier did that. I had an elderly couple by because they were abandoning their dog to me (Still have her, girl in my avatar) :3
Anyways, my terrier bounced off the old mans head and left a nasty scratch on his arm. He is part dog part Superman, SUPERDOG!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #224 
Enkil

lol
Fenris doesn't usually get like that unless he's been playing or thinks you are starting play. I'm working with him though. I took him around the girls earlier today and was teaching him how to properly behave around them. He did well and even offered them kisses.

Ok, so I am planning to try a spawn in July. This way I have all of next month to finalize my plans and lock down which pair to use. I'll be very open to suggestions. I'll be doing a little photo shoot once I have my new lovelies here.
Of those that I have here right now, I think that Eva and Egil would be the pair I would go with. They both have a very nice 180 spread. I have noticed that both Leonidas and Lolth have slightly long anal fins. Not by much, but enough to be noticeable. Egil and Eva are both very well balanced. Odin has really nice balance and branching. I just worry about how well he can/can't see.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #225 
Shirleythebetta

My terrier is evil. Plain and simple. My rescue bassett-beagle on the other hand will walk up to a toddler and roll over in submission. My shepard trys to eat cats... my dogs are so very different and I am so blessed :/ This is what happens when you rescue dogs. You never know what you are going to get and they can be stubborn. Since you don't know how they were treated it can be hard. The terrier was found at a cow farm in the mud. He weighed three pounds when we got him. The bassett has had more than 4 homes and has separation anxiety when we leave. and the shepard was rescued from a pound when he was 2 months. He was a couple of weeks from being put down. People suck.
I am so thrilled that Fenris has a good mommy who is going to get him into shape young though. You have a good choice in breed in my opinion and he needs a good consistent home. Plus he will be a working doggy so that will benefit his mind a lot.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #226 
Enkil

I am so excited! I get my new fish this weekend! Soon as they are here and everything, going to do a lot of photo taking and sharing!

So going to get back to cleaning and organizing,
Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #227 
birdielikestomatoes

Found this thread about an hour ago and have read all the entries. Your fish sound like such pickles xD. I can completely relate to some of the things you guys have spoke about before as well. I also have anxiety and chronic depression, not to mention some crazy OCD. Cursed genetics, right? My dog and recently my fish have been life savers.

Anyway, can't wait to see pictures of your new bettas and I'll certainly be subscribing, this thread brought a giant smile to my face.
birdielikestomatoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #228 
Shirleythebetta

You are at home on this site for sure.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #229 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^
It's nice knowing that there are people who actually understand what I'm going through. I think it helps a little.

Been watching Gwynfor for the past 10 minutes. He's giving me the eye it seems. I think he may have figured out that there will soon be new fish in the house. XD Such a little character. So I got myself right up to his tank until I was very nearly touching it. He swims over and hovered there watching me He rested his little nose/mouth against the tank for a moment before then swimming off on his merry little way. XD He's adorable.

Have more cleaning and organizing to do. Got caught up with Kacey today. Worked on numbers with her. She's so smart! Some of the things she does/says amaze me. Her very first word was "cookie". She learned it while playing with a toy. She was using 3 syllable words in full sentences while only being 2. Has learned to write and recognize her name. Can count to 20 in English, 10 in Spanish, 10 in German, and 3 in Japanese. She also knows a little Russian. She knows colors and how to mix them together to get other colors.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #230 
Enkil

My new lovelies are now here and settling in. Have a thread in the photos forum showing them off as I name them. I still have to get some good pics of my Barinthus. He's in hospital tank 2 because he was acting a little off.