Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #231 
tpocicat

Can't wait to see them. **sending healing thoughts to Barinus**
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #232 
Enkil

So far in my New Bettas photo thread, I have pictures of Uther (giant), Sholto (double tail), Frost, and one of my new girls Fflur.

Uther gave me quite a scare. I went over to the tank to check on him and Frost. Well, Frost came out just a wiggling away to greet me. I am loving him to death. He's so cute. Uther, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found! I stared in shock and then wondered how on earth I could possibly misplace a giant! So I reached in and lifted up his house. Sure enough, he was hiding in it! He's so black that I couldn't see him how he was laying. Silly thing.

My sorority is doing well so far! Love all the new color. I have one girl that is this really rish blue with no iridescence. A true blue. Then I have this big bright orange HMPK girl. She has taken a liking to Devon. She is the first girl who has greeted him. She sits there and watches him. He was sitting on the end of the bed playing XBox. She sat there for a while and watched him play! So cute. Love feeding them and seeing them all come out to eat. All the color now is fantastic.

My salamander girl is looking a little better. She is very round and may have dropsy. I'm keeping a close eye on her and doing my best.
Barinthus is still a bit down it seems. I have hope for him though. I'm in love with his colors and really want to try him with my Eva for breeding. Keeping a close eye on him as well.

Still naming my new lovelies. Been adding photos to the pic thread I started as I give them names.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #233 
birdielikestomatoes

Show Barinthus to the girls, that should cheer him right up! :) Seriously though I hope he starts to feel better. Hopefully your salamander girl only has bloat, seeing Betty die of dropsy just broke my heart. I have my fingers crossed for both of them!
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #234 
Enkil

I'll have to try that with Barinthus. Hopefully it will perk him up. He's eating well but just seems down somehow. I'll try showing him the girls here in a few minutes to see what he does.

I'm hoping the salamander girl pulls through. I'm trying not to grow too attached to her just in case, but I've always liked salamanders and she is pretty. If I do get her through this, I think I'll look into getting a male for her.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #235 
Enkil

Breeding plans:

Ok. I have quite a few fish now. I also have 2 10 gallon tanks that currently have no residents. So, I am finally looking at breeding. I will get the rest of my supplies next month so long as I can find them. I am only going to have one spawn going at a time. I have thought of a couple pairings that I would like to do.

Eva x Egil: These two are siblings. Eva is a black marble dragon HM that carries PK. Egil is a red dragon HM that carries PK. Both have a nice 180 spread. Eva has lovely form.

Unnamed x Uther: Uther is a black giant with yellow on his head/face. The female is a bright orange HMPK. She has sharp edges and a perfect 180 spread.

This is all I've planned so far. I'm still observing the rest. I have one that may do well with Gwynfor, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see. The first pair I will try will be Eva and Egil. If they don't work out, I will either try her with one of their other two brothers or him with one of their other two sisters.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #236 
tpocicat

Will you have a spawn log when you start your breeding? I always go there first when I enter the forum.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #237 
Enkil

I sure will. I plan on starting one as soon as I get my sponge filter and fry food cultures.
Like I said, I have 2 10gallon tanks with no one in them for spawning and grow out. I also have containers for male fry. I plan on getting a tub to put water and a heater in to make heating the containers easier.

I'm going to attach pictures of Uther and my orange female HMPK. The ones of her aren't the best as she wont hold still. It does give you a general idea on her though.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #238 
Enkil

The pics of the female HMPK don't show it very well but her body is orange with her fins and head being a darker and yet brighter orange. She's really pretty.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #239 
tpocicat

That's wonderful. It's really hard to get orange bettas.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #240 
Enkil

I like her. She has a really nice personality. She is even getting Devon more into bettas! Her color caught his eye and she was the first one to acknowledge him. He sat down on the bed and she came over to the end of the tank to watch him. Now when he plays XBox, he sits on the end of the bed by the sorority and she watches him play. She's so sweet. And where is looks like she's missing parts of her anal fin, that is already growing back. She came here with a few nips missing as did a couple of the other girls. All of them are growing back nicely. One of my new boys is a tail biter, but I'm not new to that. XD He seems to be doing well right now. Considering getting him his own tank like Hannibal's 3.5 gallon. Then I could have fun decorating it and redecorating it to see if he would be kept entertained enough to leave his tail alone.