Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #241 
Enkil

Lost the salamander female and Barinthus (blue marble male). Both last night and within an hour. I was devastated and am still at a loss. I had grown attached to them rather quickly. Barinthus was one of my two favorite males from the new group and I had hoped the salamander female would pull through.

The rest seem happy and healthy. I'm seeing new fin growth in everyone that had nips and the tail biting male. Have one female that has a new nip in her tail. My CT female seems a bit moody the last 24 hours. Think she may be cranky because she's eggy. XD Wish I had a CT male for her. I have Hannibal, but she's absolutely tiny in comparison to him and he's a combtail.

Uther, my giant HMPK, seems to have taken a liking to me. Greets me all the time. I now take time out to hang out with him for a little bit every day. Looking forward to trying him with the orange HMPK female.
I have a blue PK girl I may try with Gwynfor. Still thinking on that. I may just wait and try him with Eva.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #242 
tpocicat

I'm so sorry for our loss.
I have a salamander male that greets me every morning and also when I get home. I don't have any CT's, the a member of the betta club warned me that they needed softer water than I have, so I stay away from them, no matter how beautiful!
Anyway, I hope you are able to get a wonderful, healthy spawn no matter who you choose.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #243 
Enkil

I have started a log. Just added to it pictures I just took of: orange HMPK female, Uther, Sholto, and Eva. Leo, Egil, and Odin would not cooperate with me. They all hid. Gwynfor also wouldn't cooperate, but I did get a picture of the orange dragon female I picked for him. The dark blue female I am thinking of pairing with Sholto was having none of this camera business. lol

I am thinking about trying my hand at CTs. I have two very lovely females (one black and then Fflur). Both are eggy and they are both very healthy. *knocks on wood* I think Fflur is a very pretty yellow. Not sure what color people really look for in CTs.

At the moment, most of what I have are HMPKs. I also have 6 HMs that carry the PK gene, a HMDbT, and a mystery male. XD I will be doing a thread on the mystery male in the photo section. He gave me some good pics today and built a nice bubble nest.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #244 
Enkil

Was just looking on AB to see what they have listed for CT males. Figured I'd do some window shopping for the moment... There are surprisingly few! And only a handful in the states! I would have thought there would be more. Are they not as popular as they used to be?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #245 
greenfishfl

guess not lol i think HM are becoming more popuar than the crowntails now... oh well
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #246 
Enkil

That's a bit sad. I've started to like the look of a nice CT. I'll just have to keep an eye out. Not sure what kind of colors I want yet. Fflur is a CT and is yellow with little black spots along her body and black eyes. My unnamed CT female is black. Thinking maybe something with yellow or just really pops. I'm a sucker for really nice color. Maybe a nice giant female too.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #247 
greenfishfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
That's a bit sad. I've started to like the look of a nice CT. I'll just have to keep an eye out. Not sure what kind of colors I want yet. Fflur is a CT and is yellow with little black spots along her body and black eyes. My unnamed CT female is black. Thinking maybe something with yellow or just really pops. I'm a sucker for really nice color. Maybe a nice giant female too.
that sounds nice
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #248 
Enkil

One of my dividers failed today. My unnamed HMPK male (green with orange fins that have green trim) got in with Doyle. The HMPK is much larger then Doyle is. Doyle won. The HMPK male is now recovering. He is missing a good portion of his tail and quite a bit of his anal fin. Doyle is missing nothing that he hasn't chewed off himself.
I have made sure that all dividers are now snug and wont slip. I am keeping a close eye on both males to make sure neither has any serious injuries. At first I didn't know the HMPK had any damage because he clamped up. I had found him hiding in Doyle's section. Scooped him up and placed him back in his own, fixing the divider in the process. Doyle seems satisfied with himself. I am not the least bit happy about it. I am taking precautions to ensure this does not happen again.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #249 
tpocicat

Those darn aggressive bettas! Still love them though.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #250 
Enkil

Honestly, I would have thought Doyle would have lost. He's maybe half the size of the HMPK male. I was in a panic when I looked in the tank and saw the divider had been shifted. The HMPK male managed to wedge himself under Doyle's pot decoration. I quickly scooped him out, fixed the divider, and put him back in his own section. I have bumped up their heat slightly to about 79. Only a degree. Changing their water just as often as before since I was doing extra ones with Doyle being a tail biter. Also giving the same diet as before the incident since I have been conditioning fish.

On another note...
My mystery male is growing nicely. I love his colors! He is growing more and more fin. Still unsure what his tail type is as he wont flare.

Got a new pair yesterday! Very excited about them. Keeping a close eye on everyone.