Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #251 
tpocicat

You can never tell with bettas. Even when breeding, the one you expect to be aggressive isn't while the one you are sure will be docile will go all out with another betta. That's why I keep my males in 5g seperate tanks, I feel safer that way.
Congrats on the new bettas!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #252 
Enkil

Eva is still ill. Not worse but not better. I really can't get a read on her. I wish I knew what more to do. She watches me when I go over and check on her. I check her every couple of hours. She still wont eat.
Tomorrow I am going to try IAL again. Maybe some ES as well. Maybe I can find some live food and see if that tempts her. Willing to do anything I have to to try to save her.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #253 
tpocicat

I don't know if this will help, but one time I got a betta from Taiwan that wasn't doing well, but I didn't know what was wrong, so I added 1 tsp ES and 1 tsp Aquarium salt to his 5 gal tank. The next day he was better!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #254 
Enkil

I may have to try that. I'm getting a little desperate. I just can't believe she's held on this long in the state she's in. Have a post in the photos sections with my girls that has a couple of pictures of her from the 23rd.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #255 
Enkil

Grr! This female is so getting her own blasted tank! My newest girl, a marble HMPK with the DbT gene is just a bully. Going to separate her from the rest asap. She's even trying to bully Freydis! That will not end well and I know it. Freydis is queen of the tank and will not back down to any of the others. The rest of the girls have accepted this. The marble will not. Not at all happy about this. I will not let her bully the others around though. I will do what is best for all of them.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #256 
Enkil

So very angry today. I lost all but one female last night/this morning due to other people. Still so angry about it that I'm not ready to really talk about it fully. It's a mix of being angry and heart broken. Eva also passed on me last night.

If you go to my spawn log, I just posted pictures and video of Sholto and my unnamed marble HMPK carrying DbT gene female. She is in a large breeding trap at the moment. He is very taken with her.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #257 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm sorry about your females.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #258 
Enkil

Thank you. I have calmed down a little from it now. Still pretty angry.
I had gone to the store with Devon. When we got home, I found that Eva had finally succumbed and that someone had dumped an entire can of NLS betta pellets into my sorority. I got them all out immediately. Filled a temp tank for them so I could clean the sorority completely. All died by the morning, most from eating enough to split their stomachs. Only my marble HMPK female survived.

In other news, She did not take to Sholto. So I tried the female with my yellow dragon HMPK male. I now have quite a large spawn from them.

Sholto has taken off half his tail. I think he was stressed from the attempt at spawning.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #259 
tpocicat

Have they hatched yet? Do you have any pics?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #260 
Enkil

They did indeed hatch. They are now 4 days old. I posted a pic yesterday of them. They are so absolutely tiny! Keeping a very close eye on them. I have several people who have showed interest in the spawn and so I am hoping to raise at least some of them to sell. Depending on the outcome, I may very well keep a pair from this spawn. If not, I will keep a female and sell the rest. There are quite a few at the moment.

Everyone is doing well. Sholto seems to be leaving his tail alone again. Was very surprised that he did that to his gorgeous tail.

Have a friend who has a female they have expressed interest in breeding with my Uther. Going to go over one day and take a look at her. She is a half giant. That is all I know about her right now. That same friend would like one from my current spawn.