Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #261 
Enkil

Link to my spawn log: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=103705
Link to video of the pair embracing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcxI...layer_embedded

Just checked on the babies. I think they are still eating infusoria as they all have full little tummies. Odd. Good though since my MW culture just wasn't big enough. I get 2 mature cultures Monday.

All the rest are doing well.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #262 
Enkil

About time I did some updates...

I became very ill. I was bedridden for over a week. I am now starting to feel better. I am still having some sinus issues, but everything else seems to be getting better. Slowly. Fenris lets me out of bed now so I know I must be getting better. He had been keeping me in bed.

My yellow dragon male and Conchenn are being reconditioned. They will go in the spawn tank either later today or some time tomorrow. When I let them see each other they are going straight to flirting and trying to get to each other. It's very cute.

All my lovelies are doing very well. Sholto has taken off some of his tail. Very unfortunate. He is healing though.

My friend is going to let me borrow their female whenever I wish to to breed with Uther. They have a half giant HMPK female. Went and saw her before I got sick. She is large and absolutely FULL of eggs! Nice rich royal blue color with black head. No red at all. Very lucky there as I was hoping to get him a female without red.
So the spawns I plan on doing are:
Yellow dragon HMPK x Conchenn
Sholto x Conchenn
Uther x friend's female

I will also be breeding a pair of F1 from the yellow dragon male x Conchenn. I am going to do this to work on a dragon HMPK line. I'm hoping to continue with yellow and mint green.
When working with Sholto and Conchenn, I will be trying to work on a DbT line. Conchenn is a HMPK that carries the DbT gene while Sholto is a HMDbT. They are both marbles.
With Uther, I am going to work on giants and half giants. I plan on importing at least one female for this. Possibly more and another male.
I also plan on working on HMPKs, marbles, dragons (both HMPK and HM). I have lots of room and everything.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #263 
Enkil

A lot has been going on.

Poor Fenris has a puppy bacterial infection. Have to put medicine on it twice a day. Poor thing. He gives me the most pathetic of looks. I don't blame him. I'd look miserable too if someone was applying stinging stuff to my nether region. :/

Still a little sick, but nothing like I was. Something is just aggravating my sinuses. Not sure what. It's a mystery. -_-

Conchenn is plump with eggs. Waiting until the first to spawn them again though. I am waiting because I am going to order new fry food cultures. I think the ones I got were no good when they arrived. :/ Going to look into getting some MW and BW.

Have picked out several nice girls to get myself. I figure that after loosing my sorority to someone else's folly, I deserve to treat myself. I have 7 girls picked out at the moment. Also grabbing up a boy or two. One for sure.
I am looking at possibly importing a giant or two as a Christmas present to myself. Would be happy with a half giant female to start with, but really want another giant or two. Absolutely love Uther and I would like to breed them.

In other news, I may be expecting another baby of my own. Too early to tell yet. I also tend not to make a big deal about it until month 4 or 5 because it is hard for me to keep a pregnancy. We will see though.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #264 
Enkil

Fenris had a vet appointment today. Took him in to be neutered. Everything went well. He was neutered and microchipped. Poor thing has been having trouble with a puppy bacterial infection on his belly and groin area. The scrubbed him really well while he was out today. Looks much better. They gave him a shot ot antibiotics and another of pain killers before he came home. Unfortunately, the pain meds seem to have worn off. He's having trouble sleeing now. Doubt it helps any that he has to wear a cone.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #265 
tpocicat

Poor little guy!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #266 
Enkil

Yeah. Last night was horrible. He's doing ok today. He got his pain medication this morning. Gets it again later. Hoping to be able to time it just right so that he can sleep through the night. He's been sleeping the last few hours.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #267 
tpocicat

Having surgery on our pets is always so hard. We can't explain why they are hurting or that it will go away soon. Hand in there and give him a little spoiling for me.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #268 
Enkil

Well, it's been a while...

Fenris is doing great. Acting much better. Well.. for me. He sees me as the alpha in his life. He gives all kids respect... but not other people I live with including Devon. He has decided that Devon is below him in the pecking order. >>

I have lost a few fish since last I updated... The heat has wrecked havoc on my poor little guys.
Leonidas passed away because of the heat. It got entirely too hot.
Sholto passed from the same causes...

Here's a list of current setups:
3.5 gallon heated and filtered tank on daughter's dresser. Has a live anubias plant. Hannibal is still doing fantastic. Very lively and happy. Surprises me that he is still doing so well since he's obviously older and came from PetSmart.
5 gallon heated tank. Live plants. Home to my yellow dragon HMPK male. He definitely needs a name.
10 gallon heated and super filtered tank. I am loving the filter this tank came with! Super quiet and does an awesome job. Going to be my sorority tank. At the moment, it only has 1 unnamed "fancy" mustard gas HM female. She has lovely form and is full of eggs. Feisty little thing. Tank has a live corkscrew val and java moss.
10 gal heated tank. Home to my yellow marble HMPK female, Conchenn. She will have no tank mates as she kills them. She is full of eggs.
10 gal heated tank divided in half. Home to my marble metallic HMPK male named Frost. The other half is home to my true giant HMPK named Uther. He is mostly black with a little yellow marbled onto his face and beard.
10 gal heated tank. In half of it at the moment is my metallic green with orange fins HMPK male who is in need of a name. This is his permanent home. The other half is in turn divided in half to temporarily house Odin and Egil while I clean up their tank.

I put Egil and Odin in their temporary spaces last night. Egil has shredded most of his beautiful tail. Odin bit off some of his tail... But has since built a bubble nest! This is the first time he has built such a nice bubble nest. It gives me hope.

My metallic green with orange fins HMPK male has blown bubbles along the top of the water in his half of the tank... No real order to them. It's a bit sad really.. I had hoped to try him with my new MG HM girl.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #269 
tpocicat

I'm sorry you have lost several of your bettas to heat. I don't know how bettas, but I used to put ice cubes in my tanks whenever it got really hot.
So glad Fenris is acting more himself. Our wolfdog, Amarok sees me as some kind of super alpha, because he has seen my daughter (who is his alpha) answer to me, so he also makes sure he responds as he should. Hang in there, everything will work out in the end.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #270 
Enkil

It has been way too long...

Fish I have:
Conchenn - She has changed colors. Love this HMPK girl. Her body is now mostly mint green with some yellow. Her head is pale yellow with bright yellow spot between her eyes. Tail and dorsal are dark blood red.
Unnamed - Yellow dragon HMPK male. Fins are edged in mint green.
Frost - Metallic marble HMPK male. Love him. Flares at everything.
Larkspur - Dragon mustard gas HM with shortfin genes.
Uther - Giant HMPK. I had thought he was black.. Moved him the other day and he is actually a dark purple. Has a little yellow marbled onto his face.
Unnamed - Metallic green HMPK. Has lovely orange fins.

Hannibal passed on us. He jumped for his food... About an hour later, I found him dead. I think that he was simply old. I do not know how long he was at PetSmart before I bought him for Kacey, but he was rather large when we bought him. Kacey was not home when he passed... So Devon and I did an emergency trip to PetSmart. I found a male with the same coloring but much smaller. So far, she has not noticed the difference. The new Hannibal settled in quite quickly... and even bit me while I was moving him into the tank. -_- The cycle continues.

I now have Frost at the foot of the bed where my sorority was. He seems to like his new digs. He has a new decoration since my Larkspur wasn't using it. He sleeps in it, the lil cutey. Also has a fake plant that up to the surface he likes to rest on. I enjoy watching him patrol around and flare at everything. Including me.