Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #271 
tpocicat

Sorry to hear about Hannibal I, happy to hear of Hannibal II, I'm suprised your daughter hasn't noticed, but it could be because she expects to see Hannibal I, so that is what she sees. Good to hear the others are doing well.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #272 
Enkil

I was very sad to find Hannibal 1 like that though. After everything we went through with him and how he helped me when we first got him for her... I just can't believe how similar Hannibal 2 looks. Very impressed with how quickly he settled in. He ate the first night. Thankfully, he isn't picky. He seemed very happy for the food and warm water.

While we were getting Hannibal 2... I saw this baby betta that I very nearly brought home. The poor thing looked near death and wasn't even an inch long including tail. If I had had the money or knew the manager was there, I would have.

Uther does not seem fond of his temporary housing. Had a heater quit on me and have to get a new one. So I switched what tank he's in for the moment. Hope to get him back into his normal tank soon.

Also, Hannibal 2 had some obvious fin rot. Looks better today. I put a small piece of IAL in his tank when we put him in there (after it was completely cleaned, of course). He certainly seems happy. Have the water at 80 to help his healing. Slowly raised it to that point from 78.

Spent some time enjoying Frost this morning. He's so entertaining. Love how he doesn't care how big something is. He thinks he can take it all on. <3 Very cute.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #273 
tpocicat

I know what you mean about the baby bettas. I've been tempted to bring some home, but since I'm sure they haven't gotten the best of care, I'm afraid they would die after getting attached. With winter comming up, I need to get another heater along with at least 1 spare. You never know when a heater might stop working :/.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #274 
Enkil

Yeah. Learned that the hard way. Had one quit on me and I don't trust my spare anymore. It got back up to 80+ this week.. But it's OR so winter is cold and rainy. Will definitely get some new heaters and at least one spare.

Hannibal 2 has already built a bubble nest. Fold a dollar bill in half, that's about the size of it right now. Surprised me with it.

Uther is angry with me. His side of the hood light went out. Have the light near their tank on to compensate for the moment while I try to hunt down my spare bulb.

Conchenn has this new habit of pushing off her gravel to dart off. She does it at odd times and scares me with it. o_o Odd little fish.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #275 
tpocicat

It's really amazing how different bettas can be from each other. I have one male that scares me sometimes because he likes to hide, and I start to fear he has died, then when I'm feeding everybody, out he comes and starts to dance.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #276 
Enkil

It really is.

Hannibal 2 has now made his nest bigger. Takes up about 1/3 of the surface of his 3.5 gal tank.

Frost also has a bubble nest going. He can see Larkspur and has started builind like crazy.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #277 
tpocicat

Are you planning on doing any spawning during the winter? Sounds like your boys are ready.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #278 
Enkil

Once I get these financials straightened around, I do plan on doing at least one spawn. Both my girls are eggy. My boys would definitely spawn if I put them with the girls. I have two that I know are good fathers. Not worried about that part. My yellow dragon HMPK boy is an excellent father. He would have stayed with them if I'd had let him. lol
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #279 
tpocicat

I wish you the best of luck with both the financial thing, and the spawning.
I'm currently conditioning all my bettas, including the three you want. My last spawn just died off for no apparent reason, so I'm starting over. I think I'll be trying my salamander pair I got from Karen, but if that doesn't work out, I still have the rest to choose from.