Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #31 
Sakura8

Oh Hannibal, oh Hannibal. But at least he apologized, which is more than his namesake would have done. I wonder if, after he let go of your finger, he thought, "Hmmm, could use some fava beans and a nice chianti."?

That's so sweet Kacey tells him stories though. :) Beauty and the finger-nipping beast. I can't wait to see pics of your tank and what fun that you got so many lovely bettas. Whee!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #32 
Enkil

He actually left a mark on my finger too. Devon was completely shocked. I think what was more shocking than Hannibal's actions was that I didn't jerk my hand away. Surprised me and it hurt the little bugger. However, between my bad knees and being a woman, I have a different measuring stick for pain. XD
He did kind of have that look once he let go of my finger. >> Made me want to watch the movies. lol

I love how she talks to him. She knows that that is her fishy. The way she shows him off is adorable: "You have to come see fishy! Come see. Come see."
She's the cutest little thing really. Turned 4 last month. Getting so big so fast. Very independent too.

Getting 6 new ones. ^_^ Bought them from DarkMoon. Got 3 males which I'm splitting a tank for. Going to make them dividers. Then I got 3 girls to start a sorority with. They'll most likely get upgraded to a bigger tank in the near future.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #33 
tpocicat

Hannibal sounds like quite a character! Did anyone warn you that bettas are addicting? Can't wait to see pics of the whole gang.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #34 
Enkil

Oh, I know they are. ^_^ I've had them before, but circumstances would only allow me to have one at a time then. Devon is more than happy to allow me my fish. Love him all the more for it.

Hannibal is definitely a character. He's got a huge personality and isn't afraid to let everyone know it. At all times. XD At the moment he is up resting on an anubias leaf. The first time I've seen him do so. He didn't stay there long though. lol
I'm definitely going to invest in some betta hammocks. Lots of them. XD The other boys will need them and I think the girls would like them too.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #35 
tpocicat

Have you tried betta logs? Mine love them, some of my males even have made bubble nests in the feeding hole!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #36 
Enkil

That would be so cute! I haven't with Hannibal since he's only in a 3.5 gal. Right now his anubias is floating until I get something to tie it down to. He doesn't seem at all impressed with it while it floats. He rather sleep in his decoration than up near the top.

He's been dancing for me off and on all day. He can be such a sweety. Then he bites ya. XD Silly thing, but that is how he got his name after all. Really need to keep that in mind more often, I suppose.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #37 
tpocicat

I've never been bitten by a betta. WOW what an attitude ;)
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #38 
Sakura8

I've been nipped a lot but I don't know if I've ever been really bitten. My girls will nibble on me when I do water changes and some of my boys will too, but so far, no one has taken a giant chomp.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #39 
Enkil

I wish Hannibal only nibbled. That would be cute and affectionate. He meant some serious business last night though. Really chomped down and shook. It happens, I suppose. Don't blame him or anything. He's still cute and I love watching him.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #40 
Sakura8

I have seen my girls do that to a bloodworm. I've even lifted a girl completely out of the water, still attached to the bloodworm which was still attached to the tweezer. When they want to, they can be as tenacious as bulldogs, these little bettas of ours.