Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #51 
tpocicat

*healing thoughts for your Grammy* I hope all goes well, sounds like she is a real fighter.

I too love reading about Hannibal's exploits, such a personality!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #52 
Enkil

I think they're going to try to flush them first or something. I was pretty upset when my uncle was talking to me. I became even more upset when he started crying. I have now only known of the man to cry 3 times in my entire life (I'll be 24 in April). Once when he got his hand "mangled" at work and they were letting his finger die to see where to cut it off. Another when his dad, the only grandpa I ever had, died when I was 5... And now. He's always been like a dad to me and so been invincible along with being my protector. It's a bit childish to want to hold onto that feeling, but the big man always makes me feel like a kid again.

Haven't any new news on Grammy yet. I just hope she fights this one. She's been through so much the last couple years. Even had a heart valve replaced. She came through that, wanting to get to see my daughter more. We were staying with her at the time and had only been there a week before she went in. I'm hoping she's ok at least until the 1st. I then plan on going to NY for a month. Devon will have to take care of Hannibal during that time, but I have faith in him.

Hannibal kept switching between sleeping in his decoration and under his new heater last night. I was up all night being sick. He's the only one it seemed to wake up. Glad I didn't disturb Devon as he had to be up before 6 this morning, but not happy that it disturbed poor Hannibal. He danced for me several times. Other times he just watched me get up and head off. Was a pretty rough night for him and I. Then Kacey had a nightmare early this morning when I was finally able to settle so I lost some more sleep. Poor little thing was awake for about 40 mins trying to calm down and get back to sleep.

Hannibal and I then finally got some more sleep. I'm still tired, but he seems to be watching TV with Kacey. XD They're watching Blues Clues (have to love Netflix). He flares every now and then. Doesn't seem to like the little glow stick bracelets she has. lol She uses them as nightlights.

Other than that... All is as normal. Slow going on the moving since I got hot with the news yesterday. Baked some fudge yesterday to try to make my mind off things. As the recipe is from Grammy and we used to make it together, that didn't help much. Though it makes me smile watching everyone make it disappear. I think I've ruined them all as far as fudge goes.

*hugs you all* And thank you guys for the good thoughts.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #53 
Enkil

Oh, dearest Hannibal... What is going on with you now?

I noticed last night that something is going on with Hannibal's tail. It looks more like a CT tail now than a Combtail's. I have checked his water and all seems fine... But I'm going to do an extra water change tonight just to be safe. He's been flaring today again. A lot... So maybe he caused another blow out. -_- He's become quite the aggressive little thing to anyone that isn't Kacey or me.

He has decided he does not like Devon really. Flares at him fiercely. This makes me worry since I do plan on going to NY in March. Doing so will leave him in Devon's care. Hopefully the two can get along fine without me. I've been teaching Devon how to do everything and check Hannibal to make sure he isn't ill. I've told him symptoms of major illnesses along with how to treat them. Have also told him about this forum. So if something goes wrong while I'm away, I'm certain you'll see him turn up. XD

Hannibal has also been more of a glutton than usual of late. Not sure why. He still wont take anything but the freeze-dried blood worms. Such a picky boy.

Still not feeling well.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #54 
tpocicat

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, just got over a sinus infection myself. *Sending healing thoughts your way*. Best of luck to you and Hannibal and all those you love.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #55 
Enkil

Thank you very much. ^_^

I'm still not feeling very well. My stomach is very off and I'm not quite sure why. Had Devon pick me up some ginger ale which I have been sipping on off and on, but only between my cans of real soda. >>;
The soda I got to try to help combat my 24/7 migraine slightly as the caffeine helps. Not enough, but it does help. Had this condition for over a year now. Going to have to get to a neurologist again and see about trying a different medication. The last one wasn't good for my memory.
On that note, will have to get in to the doctor anyways. Want to make sure that anything I have (if anything, could easily be simple stress/worry) isn't contagious. Not about to expose Grammy to anything. This also means Kacey will be going in as well, but she's due for shots anyways. XD

Hannibal now basically has no dorsal fin remaining. Just one thin little ribbon near his tail. His tail is a mess. Small bits of his anal fin near his tail are also gone. Fin tot or tail biting, our beautiful but crazy combtail now looks.... Crazy.

He's still feisty as ever and ready for a good spar with whoever happens by. Ir to try to woo me. XD

His tank has had a water change. Water temp is at a nice 78* (might bump it up a degree or two depending on how he is doing tomorrow). His anubias looks great. Still have it floating since he seems to like it that way.
Don't tell him, but seriously thinking about getting him a new filter. And baffling it. I'm just not liking this one anymore. The cartridges are never in stock and it has gotten noisy. Also, will most likely put sponge on the in-take just incase Hannibal happens to be getting caught in it and that's what is causing the fin damage.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #56 
tpocicat

I'm sorry that you still aren't feeling well. My daughter caught my sinus/cold, so now it's her turn to be taken care of.
I love sponge filters, they slow the water and really do a great job keeping the water clean.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #57 
Shirleythebetta

Okay I'm subscribing to this thread. I just read the whole thing and love the story's and stuff. Great thread.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #58 
Enkil

Thank you both. ^_^
My stomach is still off and I'm actually tired for once. Could so sleep if Devon was home to keep an eye/ear on Kacey. However, he is now at work for the next 7 or so hours.
He has said something about taking me out to eat tonight with it being Valentine's Day. Been pretty vague about it so I have no idea where he'd be taking me. Nor do I know if I'll actually be able to eat or not. >_<; With my anxiety and PTSD... It's hard to be out and even harder to go out to eat. Easier when there are less people, but it is V-Day... So less people isn't likely.

Now, Hannibal's day so far...

He doesn't seem to be missing any more of any of his fins right now. Happy with that. He's very active still and looks healthy if you choose not to take in the damage to his fins. Poor guy looks like he's been through the ringer if you do.

He has managed a small bubble nest among his floating anubias plant. The filter keeps breaking it up on him, but he's trying so hard. Then he keeps giving me the "come hither" dance. XD Devon wants to get him a girlfriend, but I put my foot down on that one. Explained to him that we have no idea what is involved with his genetic background.

Devon seems quite interested in bettas now. He's even looking forward to when I get the new 6. Even encouraging my small want to try breeding. His favorite of the boys I got is different than mine though. XD

Right now, Hannibal is watching me type. Not sure how he feels about my laptop getting my attention above him... But it I leave it on the bed by the table he's on, he'll flare at it. It's kind of cute. He flares at Devon too which results in the man calling the fish a punk. *rolls eyes*
Old 02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #59 
Shirleythebetta

oooh, anxiety is bad in public situations. I have social anxiety disorder and anxiety. Holidays stink.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #60 
Enkil

They certainly do! I have PTSD which has led to anxiety, panic disorder, and panic attacks. It isn't fun and makes going out very difficult. I can do a couple of things that I have found make the situation more bearable (in some circumstances):
- Corner booth/table. This makes you feel a little more secure since no one can be behind you.
- Absolutely no sitting at the bar. No matter what the people/person with you wants. Make it known before hand.
- No Applebe's or Buffalo Wild Wings when there is a game or fight going. -_- As much as I love UFC and football... Just no. Men get way too loud and drink way too much.
- Go with someone that makes you feel safe or looks intimidating. I have a couple friends that are giant puppies but look like bears. Very handy to have.

Hannibal is being cute again. He's dancing about, trying to get my attention. Silly little thing. I don't think he realizes that I watch him as I type.