Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #71 
Shirleythebetta

My mom doesn't drive because of anxiety. Neither does my sister so you aren't alone there. My dad in a way forced me to drive but since I am in college I haven't driven in 2 years. I didn't see the point in paying for insurance when I am not going to go anywhere.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #72 
Enkil

*hugs you all*
The PTSD is bad in its own ways. Like... Male strangers give me panic attacks. I completely freeze up around military uniforms. Can't function at all. Like a deer in headlights.

Sorry that I've been away. Kacey had some kind of bug. She got over it in 48 hours. Then I caught something. Hitting me a bit hard. Relaxing today since Devon has the day off though.

Yesterday had my appointment with the nurse practitioner. Things seem to be going ok with the meds. She also weighed me. I was so happy with my weight! While wearing my shoes and my huge hoodie, I weighed in at 102.4 pounds! Was happy the rest of the day.

Changed Hannibal's water today. He was furious over being cupped. I don't blame him though. Were I in his shoes, I wouldn't want back in that thing either. Did a 50% water change. Stirred his gravel and got a lot of the "ick: out from that. XD Very tempted to try a snail or something with him, but with his attitude it probably wouldn't work,
His dorsal is growing back. The new growth is so pretty! Has a fluorescent green-gold sheen to all of it. Has a bit of new growth where hw bit at his tail too. He also managed to bite me during the change. -_- Punk.

He has taken to flaring at Devon nearly all the time. So on days Devon has off, Hannibal has a flare fest. XD The gaming chair is at the foot of the bed and so nearly next to the table and Hannibal's tank. Any time Devon is in it, he starts flaring and attacking. I think it's funny but Devon calls him a punk.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #73 
Shirleythebetta

sounds like hannibal is well. I lost twenty pounds! yeah, happy weight dance *dancing*
Old 02-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #74 
Enkil

XD *dances*

Right now Hannibal is a little upset. His anubias plant drifted over to his filter. Subsequently, the outflow pushed it to the bottom and is keeping it there. XD He's being all grumpy and angry about it. Also seems to still be made at me about cupping him earlier.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #75 
tpocicat

Well, he'd be a lot more upset if the water never got changed! I'm glad to hear his fins are growing back, better than ever. *Still working on the weight loss thing*
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #76 
Shirleythebetta

Try a Gluten free diet thats what I did. You don't have to have any gluten problems for it to work. I don't have any gluten issues. Just avoid wheat whey and barley.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #77 
Enkil

I actually eat more now than I did before. >>;

I'm very happy with his fin growth. Would be even happier if he wouldn't flare to the point of causing blow outs... But that seems to be part of his personality. Silly little thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #78 
tpocicat

Got to love em... They are so frustrating and so loveable at the same time.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #79 
Shirleythebetta

Red does the same thing to me. I get him healed and bam! he sees his reflection and flares as hard as he can and there goes the tail.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #80 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
My mom doesn't drive because of anxiety. Neither does my sister so you aren't alone there. My dad in a way forced me to drive but since I am in college I haven't driven in 2 years. I didn't see the point in paying for insurance when I am not going to go anywhere.
I don't drive either because of anxiety although I do want to learn someday, just so my dad doesn't have to keep waiting outside pet stores forever. Driving is incredibly stressful - in some ways, you either can or you can't. Knowing I am behind a potential death weapon did me in.

My next door neighbor's labrador retriever weighs more than me. 5'2", mostly healthy appetite (meaning I eat lots when I remember to eat). 92 lbs with shoes and clothes. Some of it is probably the Asian genes kicking in, I'm told. I'm also told I'll balloon out when I hit menopause. >.> Greaaaat.

Last edited by Sakura8; 02-24-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote