Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #81 
Shirleythebetta

Oh, you can combat genes. LOL, my mother weighed almost 400 pounds and dropped about 200 when she hit menopause the weirdo. . You can learn how to drive you need to pratice somewhere there is no cars with someone you trust. After a while of that you may feel more confident. A car is like anything. It's only a weapon in the wrong hands. I learned how to drive in an empty parking lot and that worked to build my confidence a little. You have to learn what works for you and your type of anxiety though. I am cheering you all on always!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #82 
Enkil

Well, Hannibal was not at all pleased with me today. XD

At about 10 this morning, my new fish arrived. I hadn't expected them until later and had wanted to rearrange the tanks some. So they were floated in Hannibal's tank... He looked at them like "Ha! You're in bags!" While my new guy, Odin, flared up a storm at him. This was cute since the new boys are maybe half Hannibal's size. XD

All 6 of the new arrivals are from DarkMoon.
"M6" is Leonidas now.He is not impressed with his neighbor. He's flared a couple of times to show how tough he is.
"RD19" is now Egil. He's named after a Viking. ^_^ He's very pretty swimming about.
"BD3" is now Odin. Devon named him. He likes to stay under his turtle decoration right now.

The three girls are getting along. All 3 are different sizes. I may have to remove the smallest girl... I don't like how she's acting...
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #83 
Enkil

Well, new day.

Littlest girl gave me a scare this morning. I have no idea where she was hiding,, but she was hiding very well. She and the biggest (a copper marble dragon) need names. The other girl is Freydis. They're acting pretty good today. Sleep a lot though. They're still babies though. XD

Leonidas loves my attention. He's my little tough guy. He is gorgeous when he flares.
Egil is being like the girls and sleeping a bunch. XD He likes to pester Leonidas.
Odin is very into his reflection. Likes to play with it. He also enjoys watching Mary work. XD She's a travel agent and sometimes works at home on weekends.

Hannibal is adjusting to his new surroundings. We changes spaces and so he is now on Kacy's dresser. As he is her fish, I thought it only right to have him in her room. It gets plenty of traffic. XD If he gets mopey we'll move him though.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #84 
Shirleythebetta

Glad everyone is doing well, can't wait to see pictures. They may be resting because of shipping. Ten to one you are going to have some really active fish soon. Except if they are like my red. He doesn't move unless there is food envolved then he breeches like a shark to eat it. He is a strange little guy...
Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #85 
Enkil

I have a thread in the photo forum for them. ^_^

Leonidas is active if I'm near. He's investigated Devon and Kacey though didn't seem particularly fond of them. He did make sure his fins were spread while Devon was near though. XD
Egil is my rester as far as the boys go. He has a feathery red plant he likes to hide in. Can't see him sometimes.
Odin is very active most of the time. Unless he is playing with the filter current or under his turtle...

The girls are still resting for the most part. Have some active moments here and there during the day though. Smallest girl has become fond of one of the fake plants. She can fit herself in it in such a way that her sister's can't reach her and I can't find her at times. They leave her alone for the most part when she comes out or Freydis swims about with her. Copper marble dragon girl is the big billy of the group and the piggie. Her and Freydis have eaten.

The two girls still need names.

Hannibal is liking that there is so much activity. He watches me bustle about... Well, hobble today since my legs hurt so darn much. His appetite is normal and all seems well with him. Fins are growing back and he looks so healthy! He's even lost his malnourished look now. I'm so happy with his progress.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #86 
Shirleythebetta

I get what you are going through with the hurt legs. I don't have a little one to keep up with but I have three dogs (small, medium and large) and 13 betta's in 7 tanks to mess with. ARGH Charlie just scared the poo outta me. I noticed he wasn't eating today and looked in his tank to realize his thermometer had water in it! I freaked out because of the mercury and threw it away and just got done scrubbing his tank. Omg, the little stinker is eating fine now thank goodness.

oh, lol my piggie girl is Patty. She claims the Algae wafers (and doesn't eat them just pecks at them) and the corys sit around her in a circle and wait for her to turn her back so they can steal a peice. Ahh these guys are so funny
Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #87 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Hannibal is quite the character! :D I read the whole thread. :) I'd reccomend adding 2 more girls to your sorority to make it stable.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #88 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, they ARE pretty funny. lol What would we do without our fishies to entertain us?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #89 
Tazman
TFK Moderator

I do enjoy reading this thread!

Sounds like you have a cool fish there.
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #90 
tpocicat

I'm so glad your new bettas all arrived safe. If they haven't already, they will soon color up and begin to be more active, especially at feeding time.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote