Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #21 
AquaKai

Haha! My mom yells at me when I go into check, because it seems that I either come out with plants, decorations, or some fish:D. It sounds like you'll have quite the set up of females! Would that be a school or a herd or???;)
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #22 
MandiceP

well a group of females in one tank (four or more at least) is a sorority! So I hope to establish one as soon as I get enough of them. The males will stay separated in divided tanks/2.5 gallons and I'll hopefully have four or 5 females in a ten. I am also going to be keeping some babies if I successfully spawn so look out. My living room is about to be taken over. I was so happy when my Husband told me to go nuts with fish... don't think he knew what that really meant.... LMAO
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #23 
Sprinkles

Wow! You have some luck! I got a CT female just like that one at Petco a couple weeks ago. But she was properly labeled. XD The dragon at that price though, man. What a find! Based on overall look, I would say male. But I could be wrong. :/
Sprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #24 
MandiceP

My gut says male. And after doing a little research and looking at male Plakats on AB and stuff, I see some that have short ventrals like his. So I'm sticking with male.... LOL I wanna name him Thorn so he is a boy in my eyes! LOL He wanted nothing more than to kill Glaedr the second he saw him and then he saw the female CT and was like "Hey baby, look at me!" more showy rather than aggressive. That is what made me think Male. I was kinda uncertain at the store, but either way I wanted him!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #25 
Sprinkles

Yeah, his ventrals look fine to be a male. My PK dragon boy has somewhat short ventrals. I have a PK female and hers are teen tiny. It's quite cute. XD But the more I look at yours I totally think boy. Even just based on the profile alone.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #26 
MandiceP

yeah. he has grumpy male fish face too just like my other three males! I love that about the males! They look so unhappy from face on! LOL it's adorable!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #27 
Sprinkles

That's exactly it! Haha xD
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #28 
blueridge

*gasp* You have some awesome finds! I wish my pet stores around here would do that! I don't know if you have named your female or not but I think Nasuada would be awesome for her!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #29 
MandiceP

I thought about Nasuada or Selena... LOL I also then thought maybe I shouldn't name every betta after Inheritance.... Oh I thought about Elva too.... :D
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #30 
BettaMommy531rip

Does your PetCo/other stores that sell fish generally have good fish? Because everytime you post about a new fish it's an amazing diamond in the rough. Are you just like a perfect betta magnet? I might check out my PetsMart, the only fish I got from there was Shimmer, and she's still going strong. I'm thinking veiltail boy, but I'm bringing my sisters with me to talk me out of buying the whole shelve of bettas. This had happened before. Here is a little skit.

Me: But look at them all in their tiny cups, there's only like, 15, I can save them all.
My sisters: No Olivia, why don't we hold off on 15?

This can go on until I see their point and run out of the betta section so I don't relent to the force.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote