Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #31 
LittleBettas

LUCKY!!!!
Both are GORGEOUS... but agreed... bettas # 2 is a boy (the PK red dragon.... forgot what you named him, lol)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new CT girl <3

My BF has recently completely fallen in love with my sorority... he's now talkng about using a 100 gallon as a sorority once we move out of the apartment
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #32 
blueridge

I think those are awesome name choices but your right too a mixture of names is always fun...*points at siggy*
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #33 
MandiceP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMommy531rip View Post
Does your PetCo/other stores that sell fish generally have good fish? Because everytime you post about a new fish it's an amazing diamond in the rough. Are you just like a perfect betta magnet?
My first two, Shruikan and Glaedr I got at the LFS I work at and they come from a place that imports them as far as I know. We often get really nice fancy ones in stock!
The Petco in my town (Taunton) had nothing. So I went to a bigger petco up north in Avon (closer to boston) and they literally had TONS of bettas. I saw the little end cap display and was like "hm". Then I started looking for versa tops and noticed a pile of CT females on the fish desk. I asked the guy if I could scope them out... found the little girly that I got... then I made the mistake of turning around.... along the top of their display tanks they had piles and piles of fancy bettas... I found Thorn on one of them. There were seriously like almost 70 fish I'm not even kidding. I would have taken many more if I had tanks ready to go. But since I only had the one more divider for the ten and two spots left in it... I had to be good. Tho I think I might have to get a tank for spawning and get going on that because this is what I woke up to today...

Lookit those bubble nests! They are battling for her love! Maybe I should name her after a heroine who had two people battling for her... can't think of one at this exact moment... LOL

Anywho. Yeah Thorn is 100% male. He is so trying to impress the female next to him and the bubble nest he built as well as his gill flaps and such assure me he is all man! lol

LittleBettas: you are lucky to have such a boyfriend! A 100 gallon sorority would be amazing. I'm planning to get a few more females and have a ten gallon sorority going once I'm ready to start breeding.
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #34 
blueridge

Wow your guys and your tank are looking great!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #35 
MandiceP

Thank you! Next on my list of decor for them is some small terracotta pots decorated with silk flowers. They will each get their own to be able to stay hidden from each other if they so choose. They have already calmed down with the flaring and seem to be used to their neighbors!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #36 
blueridge

Wow sounds like they settled in nicely. I love it when you get a betta and they do that. It makes being paranoid so much less stressful.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #37 
Marvel170

That tank looks AWESOME!!! and you have such beautiful fish*wants more than just one betta now*...darn it..
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #38 
AngesRadieux

Those are some impressive bubble nests! How about naming the girl Carmen? I wouldn't call her a heroine, but she certainly had two men battling over her. Or Helen as in Helen of Troy.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #39 
Shirleythebetta

Guess what? Petco got me again. Went in for three females and came out with four and a new male..... count is now ten.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote