Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #11 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK87 View Post
Its a 2.5 gallon tank. Everyone says that they cant be cycled. Is there a way that you can cycle it?
You add ammonia, something with surface area and some oxygen to a sippy cup and you will get a bacterial growth.

I have a 2 gallon Fluval Spec and if you pull the filter out of it you can see the bacterial film growing on the bio tubes.
It is possible to cycle a small tank, they are just more delicate and don't allow any room for error.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #12 
scootshoot

Azoo does indeed look near identical in style, as others mentioned, probably got bought out.

I lub me the Red Sea Nano. Paid 9 bucks for mine, still pumping strong for over a year in my 5. The flow control valve is a godsend for small betta tanks.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #13 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
Azoo does indeed look near identical in style, as others mentioned, probably got bought out.

I lub me the Red Sea Nano. Paid 9 bucks for mine, still pumping strong for over a year in my 5. The flow control valve is a godsend for small betta tanks.
I'm actually about to replace the one I just bought already.
My betta got his fins sucked up into the intake and it blows him around if he goes on that end of the tank. I have the thing turned down as far as I can. He just has such huge fins that it isn't working out.
I'm going to try a Tom internal filter. I have one on another betta tank and it has worked very well.

But if ya'll want to see what I did....
I dumped the bigger white sponge, I bought a pond filter carbon infused pad (12x12") and cut it up into small sizes that fit in the Azoo. I got 24 out of the pad and even had about 24 little smaller pieces that I can use in my Tom mini internal.
I then dropped a few tiny bio balls that I had into the bottom just to provide some more surface area. It seems to work perfectly (except that my betta thinks it's too strong), the 3.4 gallon tank is staying crystal clear.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #14 
MJK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
I'm actually about to replace the one I just bought already.
My betta got his fins sucked up into the intake and it blows him around if he goes on that end of the tank. I have the thing turned down as far as I can. He just has such huge fins that it isn't working out.
I'm going to try a Tom internal filter. I have one on another betta tank and it has worked very well.

But if ya'll want to see what I did....
I dumped the bigger white sponge, I bought a pond filter carbon infused pad (12x12") and cut it up into small sizes that fit in the Azoo. I got 24 out of the pad and even had about 24 little smaller pieces that I can use in my Tom mini internal.
I then dropped a few tiny bio balls that I had into the bottom just to provide some more surface area. It seems to work perfectly (except that my betta thinks it's too strong), the 3.4 gallon tank is staying crystal clear.
Where can you pick up those bio balls? That looks like a great idea.
MJK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #15 
MJK87

Actually, I have some left over biomax from one of my aquaclear filters. Ill just use that in the bottom.
MJK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #16 
Dragonii

I used this stuff.

It's usually pretty expensive but I picked up a box at Petco on clearance for $3.

Biomax will work just as well.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #17 
Patr1ck

Hi guys, forgive the ignorance, but I was looking at the Azoo filters myself. Does it come with a pump, or is that separate?
Patr1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

where are peple buying their azoo filters? I cant find one anywhere D:
ao is offline   Reply With Quote