Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 
Molinious

Misery on guard

Since my Betta Misery got upset over his first nest being destroyed he has not left his new 1 for more gthan a few seconds! Hes guarding the bubbles so stubbornly and they are JUST bubbles! Seems to have chirped up tho i might have to change his name at this rate!
Molinious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Aahh, but their HIS bubbles, darn it. :) Hehe, one of my bettas sleeps under his nest and insists on being fed there too. I have to poke the pellets through the bubbles.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #3 
Molinious

Well i think the problem is hes in a 140 litre community aquarium! lots of spots for him to build and hide away. The girls in the tank ( i know it is not reccomened but they have been together for 3 weeks and no problems have arose) keep sneaking up behind him when hes not looking and popping them, much to his annoyance but he does go after them just sulks and starts to repair!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 
Tisia

Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #5 
Sakura8

In a tank that big, it's very possible to keep one male and several females together as long as there are lots of hiding places and plants. It's not recommended for anyone who is new to bettas but 36 US gallons is quite a large tank.

Poor guy, he's surrounded by girls and he has his hopes up but they're just full of mischief. Maybe a good thing they're popping the nests or you'd end up with a few spawns. :)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #6 
Laki

They can get legitimately upset over disturbed bubble nests?? Lakitu never bothered building one, but Bowser keeps them ^.^ I have to change water today!
Laki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #7 
Molinious

If i end up with a few spawn then so be it, i like completely natural aquaria and dont like to interfere to much, only feeding and essential maintainance. Am sat in front of it at least 4 hours a day just watchin and enjoying! If any problems arise im lucky enough to have 2 family members that live close to with tanks so can just seperate. Hes got 5 ladies in with him, hes so unagressive he'll even sit on the bottom alongide the shrimp and forrage for food with them ( even shrimplets)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #8 
Sakura8

I love this video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4B_L6JXONc&feature=fvsr"]My female betta fish destorys bubblenest. - YouTube[/ame]

So yup, they can get pretty bummed about a nest being destroyed.

Last edited by Sakura8; 01-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #9 
Molinious

Did make me chuckle! I did have alot of lovely long plants at the back of my aquarium but since the girls moved in, nearly everyone has been destroyed! And now makes great floating material, iv given him a hand and blocking of a corner for him, doesnt use it tho!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #10 
Molinious

This little lady ( GEORGINA) is the main culprit of bubble popping, she just cant keep away from him! He'll go after her flared up but then she will turn round flare back and start chasing him! Hes 4 times her size!
Attached Images