Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1 
MandiceP

I'm adding two more!!!!

I just bought two girls from Chard off of Aqua bid! I'll be sending him payment Friday and hopefully they will be on their way soon!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1326958978 this girl I'd like to breed with Glaedr!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...asct1327264804 and this little lady with Shruikan!

I'm so excited! OMG! I'm going to have to get another tank this weekend and get it all set up and ready! WHOOT!

I'm not sure yet if I want to do another ten or if I might just get a 5 gal for the two girls for now and then eventually have the two dragon boys in the divided 5 to share and have the sorority in the ten... yeah that sounds good to me!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #2 
blueridge

Haha congrats on getting your females!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #3 
MandiceP

Thank you! I'm jumping for joy even thinking about it!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 
MandiceP

So my girls were sent out today and I should have them some time tomorrow!!! I have the day off so hopefully they arrive earlier on with no issues! I will be putting my sorority together tomorrow and I can't wait. I have two other CT females already to go in with these two. So I'll do a nice water change on that tank tonight and get it all ready and move the males into the divided temporary tank until the 2.5's I ordered come in and then they'll each have their own digs. So excited. The temporary tank is also my breeding tank and I will be finishing getting that one ready soon. I can't wait until everyone is nice and settled in and conditioned so I can start my first spawn. So stoked!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 
bettasusa

congrats! Chards betas are really nice!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #6 
Boikazi4o9

Nice fish! The blue ct female look similar to mine! Haha
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #7 
MandiceP

Thanks guys! It's 9am and I'm sitting here waiting as patiently as I can for these fish to be delivered... lol I am going to change the water in the tank they'll be going into in just a little while. Our mail person usually comes around 11 or so... so I think I have a little time. YAY! I can't wait to get them settled so I can take pictures!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #8 
MandiceP

Warning... Incoming rant....

I HATE OUR EXPRESS DELIVERY PERSON!!!!! They didn't read the clearly printed (bright orange) note on the front porch yesterday and didn't actually go to the proper door (we live in a 3 floor apartment house) and I never heard a knock or a doorbell yesterday and they left me a failed delivery slip.... I had to drive to the post office this morning to go get them. I was enraged. I asked the person at the counter if there was someone I could complain to and she gave me a number to call.... I called it on the way home. Luckily the fish are just fine and are floating in their new tank now. I would have been pretty darn upset with my mail people had there been anything wrong with the fish... So yeah I was peeved. Now I'm back home to relax all day with my fishies and keep an eye on the ladies (they will be going into my newly set up 10 gallon with my other two females [who have been waiting in cups, poor things] and making my sorority) So hopefully all settle in well and I can rest easy as I've been on pins and needles since I woke up yesterday. Phew... end rant! LOL I'm going to maybe try to get some pictures later on tonight if they seem to be settling okay, as I don't want to stress them any more.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #9 
MandiceP

Hmmm... I think we have a problem. So I released all four "females" into the ten gallon sorority I have set up and I immediately noticed that the wild type "female" CT that I got from petco a couple weeks ago was being ridiculously aggressive to the CT female I got a work the other day.... So after a few minutes of watching I witnessed the wild type take a huge chunk out of the other female's fin and I took the wild type out.... I put the fish in a cup and just floated the cup... to see it flare.... I noticed it's ventral fins are way longer than all the other females, then I saw a HUGE gill beard... like huge... I think I have myself a male PK CT? The fish was so excited and aggressive I was shocked. I know that females can be as aggressive as males but this was strange. The fish has an ovipositor but I know that males can have these too... so I'm going to try to take a pic but I wanted to know if anyone else had a pic of a female flaring so I can compare... I am so frustrated cause I thought I had sexing them down pat, but I guess not.... ugh
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #10 
blueridge

http://media.photobucket.com/image/f.../102-1-1-1.jpg
Here's a link for you of what a female betta looks like flaring.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote