Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #1 
4alwaysAbettaluver

Arrow Has anyone ever been DISSAPOINTED?

I went to Petco today and I saw the most stunning little bettas that I have ever saw in my whole entire life! Most of the baby bettas were halfmoon, double tail, veil tail, crown tail, king, plakat and halfmoon plakat males with the acception of a few crown and veil tail females. They were in such good shape and most of them had no waste in the cup, thats a first! I could tell that 2 poor little boys had bloat and floating bladder infection :( but overall the display of bettas was wonderful and out of like 40 bettas, only 2 were unhealthy. I was so sad when my mom came over and told me it was time to leave and that she would take me back in about 3 weeks or so to pick up a little betta. So I sadly strolled back to the car mourning the loss of my ittle fishie that I never accually owned. If anyone has any suggests for names please comment because I only have 2 for each gender and they both sound war-ish.
4alwaysAbettaluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 
Spook

Haha, I know what you mean! I actually work at a petstore, and I can't stand seeing people walk out with bettas I want! I have a sorority in the making right now, but I have to wait until the rest of my plants arrive and my tank is fully cycled. I can hardly stand the wait!

As for names, I always like to theme my names. I'm planning on naming all of my Betta after characters in mythology.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #3 
MissPokemaster

I have one male betta, and on a simi-impulse buy, got a female too. They live in seprate tanks of course, and I can't really justify getting another tank for another betta, even though I look at them all whenever I'm at the petstore!

I do the theme naming too, I've named all but two (my friends named them) of my fish after Pokemon, lol, hence my username.
MissPokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #4 
laughing

I once found my absolute DREAM betta at PetCo. He was everything I wanted and looking all over AquaBid for. So imagine how excited I was to only be paying $15!

I snatch him up, he turns, and he has the worse fungal infection I've ever seen. It had eaten his flesh,even. Scales gone, a huge chunk of flesh gone, fungus everywhere.

I wanted to give him a chance, and I know the workers well, so I asked about free/discount. Largest they could've given me was 20% off. :-/ So they put him in the back for treatment and wrote down my phone number. If he got better, they'd call, and he'd be mine.

He died the day after.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I thought I was going to be disappointed Because any form of a white betta (whether pure, white wash, or bi/tri-colored) is snatched up usually. NOPE. I got Jekyll after he sat there for a week.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #6 
ArcticRain

I have been disappointed many, many times. The most recent being when a gorgeous DoubleTail Purple Butterfly at Petco died/was bought. I saw him at Petco and just fell in love with his color. I would have bought him right then except for the fact that he had an Extremly bent spine. His body was so deformend it was sad. He had a huge hump on his head but, his color was amazing! I left him at the store because I really could not handle a disabled fish. I am still disappointed that I couldn't take him home.
Every time I go into Petco I find a betta that I can't take home. My Petco gets so many good fishys in stock. White bettas, yellow bettas, gourgeous crowntails and some amazing dragons. To bad almost every fish there is dying from some sort of disease. It is very rare I find one that I can actually cure.
I should just stop going into Petco for fear of being disappointed.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

I think there was one time, I came across a beautiful pale pink/orange dalmation... his body was covered in white fuzz and he wasn't moving much :( rotting food and poop all around him too!! I did go back the next day but he wasn't there. either he died, or was bought.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 
fleetfish

A few days ago I saw the most beautiful little green marble female at petsmart ... dead. She was absolutely gorgeous.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

awww...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #10 
Bambi

I wasn' dissapointed at the time but now i'm kicking myself.

My walmart used to have black orchid CT's ALL the time..now that I want one to breed I can't fine one anywhere here in town.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote